Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my truck with fresh Bilsteins installed. The fronts are on the middle setting. No lift in the rear. I haven't driven it at night yet but I'm betting that I will have to figure out how to lower the headlight angle. Its sitting about two inches higher in the front than stock.

Tires are 265 75 16 Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos. This is my second set of these tires. In about 10 k miles I will be replacing them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
It looks like the front is slightly higher than the rear.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the middle setting raised the front about two inches. The new 5100s on the rear pretty much stayed the same height as the original Bilsteins that came on the truck.

You are correct, the rear is about a half inch higher than the front. Just right!:tu:

·
Registered
741 Posts
looks nice :thumb:

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
It looks like the front is slightly higher than the rear.
Whats wrong with that! :devil:

For the headlights, there should be a small screw that you spin to adjust them. On my truck its near the outside of the headlight(toward fenders) and its kind of easy to miss. If you look around at how they are mounted you will spot the white plastic screw with the little gear on it. Its by the core support. As far as I know they only go up and down. I'll try to find the pic, but do a search and you will find it. Truck looks good.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree that the front looks higher than the rear in that picture. I just went out and measured again (flashlight and all). From the top of my tire straight up to the bottom of the flares the front is 6" and the rear is 6 1/2".

Loaded up my 4wheeler and went to the deer camp this afternoon. With the front being higher and the 600 lb wheeler in the bed, I felt like I was in the space shuttle! Maybe I need to edumencate myself on AALs.:D

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Mine sits slightly higher up front, fine with me. It was way higher up front for a while but it changed from spring settle and from new upper arms. I like it that way but don't let me deter you from more mods! That would be against my religion!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Looks great! Give it some miles the front should settle a little. Let the M.A.Dness begin....

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the 5100's on the middle setting as well... noticed the cv boots are dumping some grease, guess i will have to do the "hose clamp mod"

...oh and the back of mine still sits higher then the front, your leafs must be sagging

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldn't be surprised if my leaf springs are weak... I've been hauling a 600 lb 4wheeler in hunting season for the past 9 years.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On aiming the headlights does anyone know how far my truck should be from a wall and at what level n the wall the headlights should be?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
On aiming the headlights does anyone know how far my truck should be from a wall and at what level n the wall the headlights should be?

Park 20ft from the wall. Find the marking dot on your headlight and your beam should be 2" lower from that dot @ 20ft away.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I know everyone loves the way these 5100's make our trucks look, but do they improve the ride? Are they worth a crap?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yes zcd. They make the ride a little bit stiffer so they feel more stable, and a lot smoother than stock when soaking up bumps! I have 5100's on the rear of my truck and if I didn't jump my truck all the time, I would have left them on the front too. :tu:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I know everyone loves the way these 5100's make our trucks look, but do they improve the ride? Are they worth a crap?
Yes zcd. They make the ride a little bit stiffer so they feel more stable, and a lot smoother than stock when soaking up bumps!

Depending on how many miles his current shocks have, since he has a '06, he might not notice a difference when you say they soak up the bumps.

I didnt notice any difference when I swapped out my OEM w/ the 5100s front & rear. Theyre alot more rougher thats for sure, if you like the plush feel stick w/ OEM or maybe try the Bilstein HDs.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
They are way better then stock. My coilovers are actually 5100s with eibach springs on them, they ride more firm on turns but like Coach said they soak bumps. I have them on front and rear. I may step up one day to something better but these do suit my needs for now.:tu:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I couldn't be happier with mine. My truck is 9 years old with 120 K miles. It had factory Bilsteins under it but they were shot. After the 5100s were installed it was like I drove a different truck home.

On the way home from work this morning I wasn't blinding on comming traffic, so I guess I didn't raise it enough in the front to worry with adjusting the headlights.

My only grip is the steering wheel being a bit rotated to the left. Its driving me crazy.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
My only grip is the steering wheel being a bit rotated to the left. Its driving me crazy.
Take it back to whoever did your alignment. Firestone messed up my wheel up too and when I took it to Toyota and had them redo the alignment they fixed the steering wheel. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts