Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was bad it had no wax on it at all. would not pass a towel wax test one bit it was almost like the first owner did not take care of it. I didnt take a lot of pictures, but here is a side angle of my truck. The 2nd day I got it I used some meguiars products to clean it up. I do this twice a year here in arizona one before summer heat and one after for winter protection. All my cars are pretty smooth as GLASS feeling even my 03 minivan :) before I sold my old 93 accord paint was fading since I was like 3rd owner and it was 10 years old when I got it. In the end I believe one should clay their car once/year at least, but recommendation is 2 execially in harsh environments. I usually do these in these steps just my preference only.
wash
Towels
-microfiber for wax aplication and removal.
-some regular cotton terry towels for the rubbing and polishing compound
clay
rubbing compound (ultimate compound)
polishing compound
wax (next 2.0)
I then let the wax set in for 24 hours and
2nd wax of course for a more uniform protection and call it a day.
on occassion I might put on PS21s if im bored or something or if the car is not gonna move for a couple of days.
one final step I do is spray my fender wells with some foam cleaner it cleans up the inside and wheel well area like new will take pictures another time for this one maybe tomorrow.

BEFORE:

PRODUCTS USED:

AFTER (2nd pic shows ghosting which means I didnt let it dry long enough, 15mins, should of been 30)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good job, must of been alot of pain staking hours to detail her like that...

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Man, you need to get yourself a PC, that by hand stuff is for the birds. Truck looks great, nice work. The ghosting should come out after the next wash, or a quick detail wipe down.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, you need to get yourself a PC, that by hand stuff is for the birds. Truck looks great, nice work. The ghosting should come out after the next wash, or a quick detail wipe down.
i agree man though sometimes I like the hand better just my preference unless time is of essence I would use a PC for sure.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Dude what a great job! I wish I wasn't so lazy!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts