Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new battery in my 2001 Tundra and now it won't even make a peep. The battery is good and it's hooked up right. There's gotta be a cutoff switch or something somewhere but I can't find it. Help!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Make sure everything is tight enough. Try wiggling the terminals and then go crank 'er up. My Truck ahd this same problem but it developed about 2 weeks after the dealership tinkered with the corrosion spray - I guess that's what they do instead of actually replacing a leaky battery! (Thanks toyota)

-rockstate

·
Registered
859 Posts
Do the lights work? Wipers? If they don't, then it likely isn't hooked up right and tight. Might want to check the voltage on the battery too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure looks right and tight to me, but no, absolutely no power to anything. The battery is good.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
did u track the wires back? See if the connect to something, like a fuse, and pulled free from it?? Ford used to have a set up on the side of the fire wall. Not sure at all what it was suppose to be for, but, periodically it had to be replaced. It was some kind of relay, again no idea what it's real purpose was, but when it freaked out you had to wire around it or no power.

good luck

chucky

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Mine has 2 wires at the negative ground terminal. The small 1 is a body ground that is bolted to the fender. Make sure it didn't get knocked loose while you were replacing the batt. The bolt fell out of mine while driving down the street, and I lost all power to everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts