Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am part of a lot of forums, but Toyota Tundra tells me I have to post first before I can view any photos of things you guys have put up.

I just bought my mom a Super White V6 XLE Toyota Camry for her Birthday/Mother's Day. I was looking for a clear bra/ cover mask for the car, but realize nothing is available. I do searches and I find things like "3M protective film" and things of that nature.

I am pretty this has been asked already millions of times, but I want to know if the film stuff really works? Does the name really matter? Like is 3M better than a no-name brand? Is it easy to apply or who someone recommend to get it professionally installed? If I get it installed, who would I goto to get it done?

Thanks for all your help. I will be entering my profile information and pictures as soon as I can get some.

Thanks
Dizzy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not judging in any way, just offering my opinion.

The clear bra stuff is for people hoping to keep up the resale value. Large objects will just tear through it...while still keeping the initial barrage at bay, now your clearbra looks screwed up.

Alot of friends of mine have them on their Corvettes, Ferraris, Aston Martins, Ford GTs, etc. I've never had one on my ZO6 but mine has never been entered into a show either. Mostly for resale of the car with the original paint. I never understood that because they lost their butts driving a 'new' car off the lot.

Anyhow, it works for road grime and such and does protect against small chips, but not the big ones. Make sure you have a nice polish/wax job on prior to installation.

Heck, save the money and have nice polish/wax job and just drive it.

Reminder: Not a flame or attack. Just my opinion of the clear bra's performance and practicality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts