Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting ready to take my daughter to the park and my wife comes in and says she hit my truck. I was parked in the driveway in the same spot I always park in and she just forgot I was there and backed right into my truck. Her 4-Runner is beat up pretty bad. There is a big gash in the bumper and down the right aft lower panel. The good news is that you can barely notice anything on my truck. There is a small dent, some paint scratching, and a broken tail-light. She is going to call the insurance company tomorrow to check on our options. The other good news is that she is "making" me get a new Tundra because we are having another kid. I have an '02 access cab and she wants the new Crew-Max. Now, I am wondering if it will be worth it to fix it or just let it go until I sell it. I'll post pic's if I can figure it out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hope she's O.K. I did not ask my 2nd wife if she was alright after she called me and said she'd been in an accident, (someone backed in to her car). I figured since she was talking to me on the phone, she must be fine...But I got a lot of s&^% for not asking her.
Congrats!!:baby:
Sounds like her 4-Runner got the worst of it.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
long bed and 4x4

·
Registered
568 Posts
ewww. My When my tundra was still my brothers, my mom backed into it with the highlander. Truck had a new bumper on it when i got it :)

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
just replace the broken light. maybe push the dent out if its bad, touch up paint and call it quits. dont fix it. on a truck that old its not going to be cost effective to fix it before trading it in. or selling it for that matter. and dont file on your insurance cause ur rates will go up. just fix hers too...probally for what the deductible plus higher premiums would be or less...

·
Registered
568 Posts
just replace the broken light. maybe push the dent out if its bad, touch up paint and call it quits. dont fix it. on a truck that old its not going to be cost effective to fix it before trading it in. or selling it for that matter. and dont file on your insurance cause ur rates will go up. just fix hers too...probally for what the deductible plus higher premiums would be or less...
Agreed. fixing it wont really help

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
I figured since she was talking to me on the phone, she must be fine...But I got a lot of s&^% for not asking her.

A lesson for all you guys who haven't yet experienced a wife's wrath following any kind of vehicular mishap: Ask about her before you ask about your vehicle. They're funny about that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts