Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to hook up a factory rear-view camera to a new HU on the 2007 Tundra -- no nav, no JBL. There is a mysterious wire harness behind the factory head unit that is gray, capped and taped up.

Does anyone know what this plug is and if it might have the backup camera video lines in it? It sure would save a lot of effort not having to go to the A-Pillar or the upper glovebox. I've read the purple wire in this bundle might be the reverse signal, so that's a start.

Thanks.

· Registered
69 Posts
I'm trying to hook up a factory rear-view camera to a new HU on the 2007 Tundra -- no nav, no JBL. There is a mysterious wire harness behind the factory head unit that is gray, capped and taped up.

Does anyone know what this plug is and if it might have the backup camera video lines in it? It sure would save a lot of effort not having to go to the A-Pillar or the upper glovebox. I've read the purple wire in this bundle might be the reverse signal, so that's a start.

Thanks.
I can't say for sure, but I can't think of anything else it would be for except a different head unit. My 2007 SR5 seems to be pre-wired for nearly everything. The newer trucks are not.

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't say for sure, but I can't think of anything else it would be for except a different head unit. My 2007 SR5 seems to be pre-wired for nearly everything. The newer trucks are not.
Yeah, but our trucks didn't come from the factory with a backup display in the Head Unit, instead they were offered in the overhead console. So I'm doubtful...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.