Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What model Tundra do you have? If I had to guess, I'd say backup camera plug.
Chris -

Thanks for your reply but I don't think it is a backup camera plug since I have a functioning backup camera in the tailgate already. The plug has three wires going to it

My 2013 Tundra is listed as a 4x4 DBL CAB 5.7L V8 (Model 2013/8331 A)

Gordon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3 wires?? It should be the rear sonar sensors. There should be another plug like it behind the grill for the front ones.
Mendonsy -

I opened the hood and looked behind the grill, but didn't find a similar plug. The only thing in front of the radiator are the horns and some wiring associated with the A/C. I guess it could be related to sonar sensors since I don't have anything like that on the truck.

I normally buy the factory repair manuals for my vehicles so I can research questions like this myself. Are manuals available? I haven't found any yet.

Gordon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's one floating around on the internet. I don't know if this link still works or not.
2007-2010 Toyota Tundra Repair Manual
I think that front connector is down on the core support behind the bumper.
The manual link still works, but it is for 2007 to 2010 model years. I'm not sure it would be applicable for a 2013.

I'll have to check the plug location you mentioned tomorrow. It's dark and cold outside and I'm warm and cozy inside.

Gordon

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
The manual link still works, but it is for 2007 to 2010 model years. I'm not sure it would be applicable for a 2013.

I'll have to check the plug location you mentioned tomorrow. It's dark and cold outside and I'm warm and cozy inside.

Gordon
Yeah, there are some wiring changes in the 2012-13 models although not a lot. I have not seen anything available that is newer unless you sign up for a subscription to TIS.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Go to this post and get a copy of the "Where Stuff Is.pdf" you'll find there.
It may not list everything for your year, but most of it will be there.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's one floating around on the internet. I don't know if this link still works or not.
2007-2010 Toyota Tundra Repair Manual
I think that front connector is down on the core support behind the bumper.
I looked briefly again today and wasn't successful at finding the plug. Not a big deal since my main objective was to install some supplemental backup lights and I was looking for an easy way to get electric power for them without connecting to the existing backup lights. I don't want them to always come on when I shift into reverse. I ended up running a separate circuit from the battery to a rocker switch on the instrument panel and then to the supplemental lamps under the back bumper. The lamps work, but I haven't checked how much additional illumination they provide in the dark. I used the JC Whitney SKU# JCW-368176

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Put a voltmeter on it and see what you get.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.