Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody.. just wondering if you could name your 3/1 leveling kit for me. i just picked up a 2010 toyota tundra 4x4 LTD and would like to start researching which company has the best kit.
i would really appreciate it!
Let me know what you think of yours, and which you would suggest.
Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
LRO or Ready lift for on top of the spacer lift.

If youw ant one that goes in between the coil, then Toytec is prolly the way to go.

Research these three names as they all have their pros and cons - in particular the different characteristics of the materials made and what they do to the suspension geometry.

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
It's not a 3/1 but to add to your list to research Bilstein 5100. It is a ride height adjustable shock that goes in the front with three setting, the top one give like 2.56" lift. Also I believe that they make rear shocks now that are good for 1" of lift also. Most guys have the truxx or low range offroad (LRO) for the spacer lifts/ Good luck

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I did a bunch of research back when I was trying to decide. The top kits are the LRO, Truxxx, Readylift and Toytec, as far as spacer lifts go. All are complete with diff drop, and skid plate spacers. LRO, Truxxx and Readylift all go on top of the strut assembly, maintaining stock ride quality. Toytec goes in the coil assembly and can possibly cause a stiffer ride. Truxxx and Readylift are both powder coated steel. LRO and Toytec are both aluminum. I chose the LRO because I felt it was the most complete kit and the top quality. With the LRO, in addtion to the diff drop and skidplate spacers, you get bump stop spacers (not sure if the other kits include this) as well as tapered rear blocks (which noone else does).
The Bilstein 5100s that are ride height adjustable for the front are another good option, but you dont get anything other than the shocks, so youre still missing a diff drop, skidplate spacers and bump stop spacers. The rear bilstein 5100 DO NOT provide any lift, they are good for up to 1" of lift, if you decide to add a rear block or aal later on.
Coilovers are still the best way to go overall though, if you can flip the bill. Some top choices in that department are ICON, Camburg and OME. There are several more, but these seem to the most popular, proven setups. Hope this helps!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I did a bunch of research back when I was trying to decide. The top kits are the LRO, Truxxx, Readylift and Toytec, as far as spacer lifts go. All are complete with diff drop, and skid plate spacers. LRO, Truxxx and Readylift all go on top of the strut assembly, maintaining stock ride quality. Toytec goes in the coil assembly and can possibly cause a stiffer ride. Truxxx and Readylift are both powder coated steel. LRO and Toytec are both aluminum. I chose the LRO because I felt it was the most complete kit and the top quality. With the LRO, in addtion to the diff drop and skidplate spacers, you get bump stop spacers (not sure if the other kits include this) as well as tapered rear blocks (which noone else does).
The Bilstein 5100s that are ride height adjustable for the front are another good option, but you dont get anything other than the shocks, so youre still missing a diff drop, skidplate spacers and bump stop spacers. The rear bilstein 5100 DO NOT provide any lift, they are good for up to 1" of lift, if you decide to add a rear block or aal later on.
Coilovers are still the best way to go overall though, if you can flip the bill. Some top choices in that department are ICON, Camburg and OME. There are several more, but these seem to the most popular, proven setups. Hope this helps!
This is good to know. I looked at shock warhouse tonight and I thought that's how it read. I don't like to start new threads so I wondered how I would figure this out and then you answered it for me. Thanks and points to you.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
This is good to know. I looked at shock warhouse tonight and I thought that's how it read. I don't like to start new threads so I wondered how I would figure this out and then you answered it for me. Thanks and points to you.
Thanks. Many people are confused by this.

·
Registered
422 Posts
LRO - you can see the quality just looking at the kit, Chris is great to work with, and it's a breeze to install. No troubles aligning after the install and the ride is like stock.

always looking for an excuse to post a pic of my truck ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the quick replys everybody! keep them coming, like to hear some different options. i have been on this forumn for only a day and i can already say this is one of the best forums i have been on for quick usefull advice.
thanks
looking forward to asking more questions on future projects!
R

·
Registered
152 Posts
for the LRO kit, just order it from them directly. Home page

·
Registered
374 Posts
Truxxx 3/1

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so why do people like the truxxx kit over the LRO kit. to me the LRO kit looks like a better quality built kit. any reasons. does anyone know of a good thread for me to read on tire size for running true 35s on the 3/1 or really close to 35s.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
THE OME is an awesome setup. I love mine and I've put over 1600 miles on it - about 900 being strictly highway. It buckles down up to 85 mph and handles like it's on rails.

-rockstate

·
Registered
374 Posts
I like the look of the truxxx over LRO cause it has a powder coat finish as opposed to the aluminum finish. It keeps the factory look instead of havin a piece of aluminum under there. Also the top and bottom plates on the truxxx spacer are offset to provide proper clearance. I think both kits are solid so it's just your personal preference on which one you choose. As for 35's.....they'll fit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Truxx. Bought from Fat Bobs as I couldn't get it here in Canada at the time. No issues since install in Oct 2008.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I like the look of the truxxx over LRO cause it has a powder coat finish as opposed to the aluminum finish. It keeps the factory look instead of havin a piece of aluminum under there.
the truxx is steel and can rust. aluminum will not.

·
Registered
374 Posts
the truxx is steel and can rust. aluminum will not.
Yes it can rust, but thats assuming that the powdercoating flakes off. Im not bashing on aluminum spacers i was just stating why i went with truxxx. Just my personal preference. Im sure you have your reasons why you went with LRO.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts