Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, laugh if you want I just figured out how to fully turn the nannies off. I have owned this truck since July 08. I was just pressing it one time and holding it for 3 seconds. Now to my question, With all the nannies off the exhaust sounds different than with the nannies on. Have any of you noticed this too? My girl even noticed that is sounds different. I think it sounds tighter, not as deep. Let me know what you fellers think.

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry Red4rr - couldn't resist... anyway I'd be really surprised if turning the nannies off did anything to actually reshape the exhaust sound. Nannies are various traction tricks that involve braking and cutting throttle via computer.

The good news is that she loves ya enough to say "yeah, sure, I hear a difference too."

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Yeah, didn't u guys know that? It's all on page 78 in our Manual. The double 3-second press turns on "Performance-Mode" and the truck operates at a 5% increased power level.

LOL - It's funny, one of my habits is turning off the nannies as soon as I turn the truck on... but I really don't remember it sounding any different. I do have stock-exhaust though, so maybe it only sounds different if you have a more expressive exhaust?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ok, laugh if you want I just figured out how to fully turn the nannies off. I have owned this truck since July 08. I was just pressing it one time and holding it for 3 seconds. Now to my question, With all the nannies off the exhaust sounds different than with the nannies on. Have any of you noticed this too? My girl even noticed that is sounds different. I think it sounds tighter, not as deep. Let me know what you fellers think.

I just press and hold for about 5 seconds.... is this not turning them all off?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just press and hold for about 5 seconds.... is this not turning them all off?

No, I have to press and hold for 3 seconds, and then press again to turn all of it off. I will try to find the PDF that showed me how.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
859 Posts
Actually, I've noticed that it sounds louder if I roll the window down.........

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not a member there and will not let me look at it. Is there a way you can copy it here? Thanks.
Become a member, it is FREE. They got good info too, but TS is better.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
My Unichip and DT LTs brother, I will check it out to see if I notice any difference.........

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Tiger I just made a video of me running my truck down a empty road with my brother filming it. I have to say that my truck sounds pretty good on the outside. I have never heard it from the outside of the cab other than idle. I will post the video sometime tonight, at parents for brothers B Day.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just listened to the video on my computer and it sounds like crap. It sounded really good on my parents tv/stereo setup. There is just too much other noise, it was on the side road to an interstate. I will have to make another one, in a quiet place.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I look forward to hearing it. I know that I am getting all kinds of looks now with the mean sound the headers have given my BEAST!

In all honesty, I tried the nannies on and off tonight, but didn't hear any difference; however, your setup is different than mine so perhaps that is why.......

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took my brother out and he said there was a big difference. It sounds deeper with them on, not as smooth. I was hoping to catch it on video, but too many cars on the highway next to us.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts