Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Don't do it. In other postings on TS people have found that even port-installed options are done very poorly (splices into nearest power source wtih electrical tape, etc...). I think the part number for the OEM Nav head unit is a 7013 but somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I thought the OEM system was Panasonic based, not Eclipse but again I really don't know (the OEM tailgate camera is deffinitely Panasonic). And the dealer must be using an aftermarket surround to make it look right in the 2007 dash.

You are doing a very good thing by boning up on the systems and dealer substitutions. It is approprate due dilligence. You will probably know more than the dealer salesman about the Toyota Nav system when you are through. I wonder how many unsuspecting customers are given aftermarket accessories thinking they are OEM or the "same thing the factory uses" (sonar thread on TS has been very enlightening). Do some searches on TS for Nav systems for retrofits etc. and good luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.