Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I would like to install the OEM navigation unit (E7009) in my 2007 Tundra but had a few questions before purchasing.

First of all I do NOT have the JBL amp but I heard the factory amp on an 07 is digital and the NAV unit would be plug and play, can anyone confirm this? I currently have the 6 speaker 6 disc in dash changer.

Do I need to replace the bezel or is this included with purchase? I plan on buying from OEMValue. If it must be purchased seperately then from where and does anyone know the part#.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
115 Posts
all i can say ..is that you cant go wrong with this factory nav...it has come a long way from the crappy ones just one year back from the old sequias..that toyota was selling. youll enjoy the new nav..I think the new nav is the same people that made the honda ones...very similar in the layout and software interface..

as far as the amp goes..i just got the truck last night

a gas hog..but good power..

Lemon

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
You will have to wait until you can find the nav that is made specifically for the 07, it has the bezel all built in (like the new camry units)

Check ebay because I have heard bad things about OEMvalue.com

·
Registered
357 Posts
all i can say ..is that you cant go wrong with this factory nav...it has come a long way from the crappy ones just one year back from the old sequias..that toyota was selling. youll enjoy the new nav..I think the new nav is the same people that made the honda ones...very similar in the layout and software interface..

Lemon
which truck did you end up buying, I think you were looking for a long bed double cab with leather?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really want the E7009 but until someone makes a bezel for the 2007 I'm SOL. This is assuming I have a digital amp and all is plug and play, if not then I will go aftermarket with an Eclipse.

Anyone know if the factory NON JBL 6disc changer uses a digital amp and will PNP with the OEM NAV unit? The accessory code is DZ.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
It's not a matter of a company making a bezel for the e7009, the nav for the 07 Tundra has everything built in, including the bezel, oemvalue just doesn't have them yet.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh OK thanks. Until then I will have to use my "Poor mans" GPS.
It does have one nice feature which lets me check my 0-60 and 1/4mile times. :tu:

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mainliner...

i ended up with a limited 4x4 reg bed...since i needed the truck already..i figure i really dont need that much length and i can carry more weight...and its easier to park..i got a silver one...i traded in my 05 tacoma xrunner with 11500 miles in it..took a huge lose..but its ok..i got the color i wanted...the only thing i did not get was the sonnar..but i got almost everything else....i figure i dont need that thing since you have a back up camera..

found out a few things about the new nav...you cant punch anything into it while moving..just like my old lexus..i wonder if someone can figure out how to get around this....

thanks
Lemon

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats and enjoy your limited edition (jealousy sets in).
I think I read of a way to program the NAV while moving but cant recall. Try searching the forums.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i got a feeling its like the pioneer nav...avic 1c...nav...you just have to like ground a wire...(ie...handbrake) to get the thing working...it is anoying...

i think its more dangerous looking for a phone to try to dial out..than just punching it in...

any clue on that nav thread...been searching..

thank
Lemon

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
all i can say ..is that you cant go wrong with this factory nav...it has come a long way from the crappy ones just one year back from the old sequias..that Toyota was selling. youll enjoy the new nav..I think the new nav is the same people that made the honda ones...very similar in the layout and software interface..

Lemon
Toyota navi unit flat out sucks

This system is not even close to the refinement found in the Honda's My dad's new 2006 2 door accord ex navi is a much better sound system then anything Toyota Cheap Jbl units can provide. Honda does a better job on having Xm standard on there Top end models Toyota like's to charge you more and add on extra's on there low budget system's Avalon being No exception's (one of the worst navi system i've had).Please people avoid Oem value they don't return Phone call's ....

Toyota doesn't have Xm traff navi yet My tundra does Toyota doesn't have Voice rec Music control's which finds the titles very easy from the Hdd hard drive which burns Cd's on the Unit vs there old school DVD ROM The 07 Tundra has . Toyota Doesn't have the refinement most in this segment look for like myself Yea I'm picky But never cared for Toyota Lame system people go aftermarket. The Only downsides on Aftermarket is Core Integration someone is going to have to design a Dual Din for the 2007 Tundra and make everything flush this is being reviewed from the aftermarket sector right now ....

Erik
Click on the picture below to see my Navi in action Pioneer Avic Z1 with Hdd Technology

·
Registered
46 Posts
anyone else having some problems with their 07 Nav system, it seems that guide is a off and I try to do the calibration thing and it doesn't do anything at all, it was working good when I first got it.

Any rhyme or reason as to why it maybe doing this?

·
Registered
71 Posts

This system is not even close to the refinement found in the Honda's My dad's new 2006 2 door accord ex navi is a much better sound system then anything Toyota Cheap Jbl units can provide. Honda does a better job on having Xm standard on there Top end models Toyota like's to charge you more and add on extra's on there low budget system's Avalon being No exception's (one of the worst navi system i've had).Please people avoid Oem value they don't return Phone call's ....

Toyota doesn't have Xm traff navi yet My tundra does Toyota doesn't have Voice rec Music control's which finds the titles very easy from the Hdd hard drive which burns Cd's on the Unit vs there old school DVD ROM The 07 Tundra has . Toyota Doesn't have the refinement most in this segment look for like myself Yea I'm picky But never cared for Toyota Lame system people go aftermarket. The Only downsides on Aftermarket is Core Integration someone is going to have to design a Dual Din for the 2007 Tundra and make everything flush this is being reviewed from the aftermarket sector right now ....

Erik
Click on the picture below to see my Navi in action Pioneer Avic Z1 with Hdd Technology

very few people, that is car stereo installers are trained enough to touch any of my cars/trucks. back in the old days, when cars were simple it was easy and so were stereos, but now forget it. factory is the only way for me. yea it is not as good of sound, but i could give a crap. reliability is why i buy a toyota, not for the stereo. just my 2 cents. i am sure your stereo rocks and if you lived next door to me then maybe i would feel differently. but :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
The '07 Tundra is an E7013. Its similar to the E7009/E7012 EXCEPT no rear seat audio/video control. The bezels are different, obviously. I imagine that OEM Value will eventually get the E7013.

Rich

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
very few people, that is car stereo installers are trained enough to touch any of my cars/trucks. back in the old days, when cars were simple it was easy and so were stereos, but now forget it. factory is the only way for me. yea it is not as good of sound, but i could give a crap. reliability is why i buy a toyota, not for the stereo. just my 2 cents. i am sure your stereo rocks and if you lived next door to me then maybe i would feel differently. but :D
I really Know this topic well the problem's are Toyota supplier's lack feature's and
This topic is how poorly made Toyota system's navi systems are designed.Basically in a since Toyota Unit's are Low Budged system's and Feature wise lack refinement's others in this industry do so well at. Lexus this year Just offered an Hdd xm Navi traff on the New Ls and that system has all the bell's and feature's that everybody including Honda has refined so well in. I've been a Ts member for a wile and Let me tell you judged from the initial Reaction on Toyota owner's there Not happy with any Navi system offered from Toyota and I don't blame them our Avalon joystick system is flat out useless and the Tundra Could navi be better enhansed.Toyotas Problem could be better addressed from better research with the rest of the auto industry has how long did we see Xm offered :rolleyes: .Toyota is rather Behind the times when it comes to Technology on the Radio sector side maybe we might see Hd radio offered someday too Hell for the price there asking I think you will find a vast Majority of Toyota Owners are Not satisfied with there system and feature wise Toyota lack's.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts

Erik

Erik, Does the AVIC work with the steering wheel controls?
TIA

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts