Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Avalon Limited. I have tried to change the day/night colors on the NAV system and have had no luck. Can you change the screen COLOR so that it is not so bright at night?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Press MENU, then SETUP
Scroll to MAP COLOR (DAY) and/or MAP COLOR (NIGHT)
You can select from 5 day and night factory preset colors (NORMAL, #1, #2, #3, #4).
These instructions are on page 93 of my NAV manual.

You can also adjust the brightness and contrast of the display to suit your preference. Instructions are on page 115 of the manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same problem. I tried to select a different color and nothing changes. Also, my system does not change to Night mode.

I did not have this problem until I upgraded to version 6.01.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
This sounds ominous. I can think of 4 possibilities: -1- A programming error. Perhaps there is a 6.02 DVD coming soon. -2- The expanded V6.01 maps took up so much space on the DVD that the operation program had to be made smaller (by removing features). -3- You received a DVD intended for a different Nav unit (perhaps one of the touch screen types). -4- Toyota has decided that certain features can distract the driver, possibly leaving them liable in the event of a consequential accident. So those features have been deleted. I think I will stay with DVD version 4.

·
Registered
34 Posts
that is funny cuz i had the same issue until one day i figured it out.
You have on the right side of the wheel a knob that controls the lunisority of the dashboard.
By default it is set to max.
Turn it down a little bit, you'll hear the switch go off.
and that is it.
Play a little in the menu by changing the colors.

You'll see at night it won;t bother you anymore like it used to be.
The light of the screen will go on night mode when you turn the head lights on or when they turn on automatically

Adrien

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks - I will be applying this advice as soon as the A car returns from its road trip to CA.

Thanks again for your postings

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow
I just read my previous post and i realized that it almost does not make any sense.
I might have been tired.
hopefully you understood (I hope)
BTW I meant luminosity and not lunisorityGlad it helped

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well the instructions worked. Apparently, when you turn the dash illumination knob all the way to the right it "clicks" on and is very bright all the time and that keeps the Nav screen in day mode.

Once you turn it just barely to the left and "click" it off, but at the highest illumination setting the Night Mode kicks in.

Thanks - I was about to take the car into the dealer tomorrow for them to look at it!

:ts:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another possibility is that Day Mode has been accidentally programmed to be "always on." Day mode will get "stuck" on continuously in the following condition: You press the Display button and get the screen with the Contrast & Brightness options, then you select the option that says "Day Mode" at the bottom of this screen WHILE THE HEADLIGHTS ARE ON. If you do this when the headlights are on, then it will be "memorized" and the screen will remain in day mode (bright) all the time. To put it back to "normal" mode, turn on the headlights and do it again. Viola! automatic dim screen at nite when the headlights come on, and bright screen during the day. I accidentally did this and it took me a while to figure it out. It is actually in the manual, but not explained very well. Good luck. --sam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all for the info. I now have everything working on the NAV system. Does anyone know when or if they will be releasing a new version of the DVD for the nav system

1 - 10 of 10 Posts