Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Tundra limited factory NAV screen failed.
When turning on the ignition switch, the "TOYOTA" flashes on for 1/2 a second and then the screen goes dark. The radio & CD still play. Has anyone else experianced this? Any suggestions? Past warrenty period and affraid to go to dealer. (You need a whole new system $1200 + labor). The factory unit performs OK for me and would like to fix it or have it repaired. Don't want to blow a bunch of money on this but maybe should look into aftermarket replacement?

Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
This is probably a dumb question, but could the display "off" soft button have been pressed?

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Other than that, choices are to have someone troubleshoot the NAV system to try and find out exact component failed, probably be expensive, no matter what...even if you can get the parts you need.

...or like you said, go with an aftermarket unit...still going to be expensive...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
while this does not help you, the navigation going out was one of my motivators for buying the extended warranty....I would probably go aftermarket rather than spending a small fortune replacing the unit...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have not changed out my stock radio but I have been looking at the DNX series of Kenwoods. You can get a DNX6140 on line (check Amazon) for as little as $700 ($999 in local stores). It has a Garmin nav (with the latest maps), DVD video, CD, MP3, IPod direct connect, USB playback, backup cam connection, bluetooth for hands free cellphone, 4x50 Watts and tons of input/outputs. Since I don't have the Limited I can't say for sure but I am betting there are more features on it for $500 less.

·
Registered
33 Posts
it is probably the screen, the display, that went out. If you take it to a dealer they may find the LED display defective or a loose connection. I work for a radio supplier and seen this happen with display never installed in vehicles. At least they can tell you what is wrong with it. You can do a search for OEM audio parts.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
it is probably the screen, the display, that went out. If you take it to a dealer they may find the LED display defective or a loose connection. I work for a radio supplier and seen this happen with display never installed in vehicles. At least they can tell you what is wrong with it. You can do a search for OEM audio parts.
+1 ...thats sort of what I meant to say...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just looked up the replacement for NAV receiver on line. List: $4403.73 (what "my" dealer will charge) Our price: $3302.83.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
You can get the used NAV here or on ebay for around $500-$700.
Simple plug and play.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts