Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Not the gen 6 system that ships with the 2007 Tundras. The gen 5 system could be unlocked to play DVDs using a hidden service screen. It is possible to downgrade the unit to gen 5 (the hardware is the same) by building a DVD using the gen 5 firmware. The Lexus forums have info on this process, but you would need to borrow a gen 5 DVD from someone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if I got the 07 Tundra with NAV, bluetooth, and steering wheel controls. I could just get an older Tundra, gen 5, NAV unit and it would plug in and I could wacth DVDs?

Or would it just be easier to get the 6 disk cd and change it out for an after market NAV/DVD unit?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not the gen 6 system that ships with the 2007 Tundras. The gen 5 system could be unlocked to play DVDs using a hidden service screen. It is possible to downgrade the unit to gen 5 (the hardware is the same) by building a DVD using the gen 5 firmware. The Lexus forums have info on this process, but you would need to borrow a gen 5 DVD from someone.
I have been told several times the 2007 Tundra Nav system is a 5th gen, are you sure it is a 6th gen? Is there any documentation that spells that out?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if it is the 5th gen. can it play DVD with out the rear seat DVD player?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts