Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone who has been using the new Tundra NAV system give me some thoughts on it?

Was it worth the money? I know its not quite on par with many other system out there (from what I've been hearing).

My order will be final today and I need to decide whether I want to pay the ~$1600 for the NAV or not.

Also, how is it driving at night? Can you turn the screen off?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I so far have had no problem with it. It's alot more advanced than the nav that was in my Chrysler 300. Seems to have recently updated software (where I live anyways) and I've had no problems with the voice recognition part of it either.

At night you do have to change it to night mode or it will blind you. It's a simple change to.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks for the feedback. I am going to stick with it as it also has the backup camera integrated.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Can anyone who has been using the new Tundra NAV system give me some thoughts on it?

Was it worth the money? I know its not quite on par with many other system out there (from what I've been hearing).

My order will be final today and I need to decide whether I want to pay the ~$1600 for the NAV or not.

Also, how is it driving at night? Can you turn the screen off?
I have it and I like it a lot. It fits my need almost completely. Be nice if it did the xm traffic, but other then that does everything I need. Besides you get the backup camera with it. Also I would advise getting the parking sonar. You can get an aftermarket one cheaper, but that is not the route everyone wants to go.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curious why you would recommend the parking sonar when you have the backup camera? I have driven trucks all my life so I opted not to get the sonar assuming the backup camera would make things even easier.

·
Registered
55 Posts
At night you do have to change it to night mode or it will blind you. It's a simple change to.

Mine goes to night mode as soon as I turn on my headlights...maybe setting to auto in the set-up menu? Not sure, I would have to look at it again to be certain.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can you get the Nav and camera system dealer installed? I want the Regular Cab longbed 4x4 but i want all the goody's too. I am already looking at having to get the leather aftermarket, but I would sure like to keep the electronics OEM.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Curious why you would recommend the parking sonar when you have the backup camera? I have driven trucks all my life so I opted not to get the sonar assuming the backup camera would make things even easier.
I have only had the truck a couple of days, but for me it would be nice to know exactly how close you can get to something in front of you, as the way the hood turns down, makes it hard to judge the distance confidently.

As far as for the back, even with a backup camera at times you might look away from the camera and miss something and the sonar would catch it.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I don't have the truck yet, but when I went through one with the Nav, I asked about whether it had maintenance and diagnostic info, and sure enough it did! That is actually a great feature that isn't publicized much. There are many benefits to "stock" nav systems that aren't advertised much...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts