Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 and have never updated discs. The OEM navigation is AWFUL! It won't find anything! I constantly get the message that "The house number you entered does not exist on the selected street."

Is it worth spending $169 to upgrade the map, or is it a total waste of money like the Toyota nav unit is to begin with?

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Download a navigation app for your smartphone and save the money of an upgrade or a Garmin. Navigation devices [Garmin, Magellan, TomTom] often require costly upgrades too and will be obsolete in a couple of years due to some very good smartphone apps.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you really want to update the navigation do a google search. I bought a new disc online for about $60

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '08 and have never updated discs. The OEM navigation is AWFUL! It won't find anything! I constantly get the message that "The house number you entered does not exist on the selected street."

Is it worth spending $169 to upgrade the map, or is it a total waste of money like the Toyota nav unit is to begin with?

Thanks guys.
Get your owners manual out. I have a 2007tundra. You have to go into setup, and select what area you want to use. Mine was set up for way north of me, I am in South Carolina. Change your area to the area you are driving in. Then the addresses will show up, and the streets. Drove me nuts, until I found the info in the manual.

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Tundra 4x4 limited double cab 4.7l
11 Posts
im gonna throw an android head unit in mine i think...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts