Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2006 Toy Tundra Crew Ltd with the jbl Navi and the Rear DVD ent system. Is it possible to make the navi play dvd's? Either from the Rear DVD system or the Navi itself? What about a Backup Camera? 2nd question, I'm looking into a good bluetooth for the truck, installed, what is best and where is the best place to mount either the screen, (for the parrot) or otherwise?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have 2006 Toy Tundra Crew Ltd with the jbl Navi and the Rear DVD ent system. Is it possible to make the navi play dvd's? Either from the Rear DVD system or the Navi itself? What about a Backup Camera? 2nd question, I'm looking into a good bluetooth for the truck, installed, what is best and where is the best place to mount either the screen, (for the parrot) or otherwise?
The 2006 Tundra "Crew" was actually the Double Cab at the time. I believe (at least on the new generation Tundra, which is the forum you are in by the way) you have to eject the Nav DVD and have the emergency brake on in order to play DVDs. Backup cameras (a multitude I'm sure) are available aftermarket and can (if I recall) be tied into your existing navigation unit. As far as Bluetooth is concerned, I am incredibly surprised to hear that your 2006 Tundra did not feature Bluetooth built in. I am not truly familiar with the previous generation navigation as far as Toyota is concerned, my familiarity with it is in the Lexus models, which (in previous generation) did feature Bluetooth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts