Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have had the factory toyota nav and have currently switched to the eclipse 6610. Both are very good units, but for the price you get alot more function out of the eclipse models. The eclipse model plays dvd's has full ipod controls, tv tuner, HD radio, and a couple other features that the factory nav does not. And the best thing is, eclipse makes the factory toyota nav's, so almost all wiring is direct plug and play, (although their software is not compatible:confused: ). The only thing you need is the bypass harness for the jbl amp, which is pretty easy to install. My model also features a dual zone selection, so kids can watch a movie in the back (with headphones)and me and the wife can listen to the ipod or radio up front. It depends on what features you are looking for in your nav unit. Price for the toyota nav's from oemvalue.com run $1700, (last time I checked) and I think I paid around $1600 for my eclipse 6610. I do think that the fit of the toyota nav is better than the eclipse but thats the only plus.:tu: I have also heard good things about the pioneer avic-z1, (better grapchics). Do some more searching. Good luck!:)

·
Registered
267 Posts
On my 05, the speed and reverse wires are already behing the HU, just have to run the parking brake ground wire (mine is permanently grounded so I can play movies while driving for the passenger). The actual connector that is on the speed and reverse wire plugs directly into the eclipse HU, so no splicing required.:tu:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.