Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There isn't a date set yet, but we would like to know how many members are interested in a trail ride. It will be held most likely somewhere in Western Mass, probably on a Saturday. It is a great way to check out each others trucks up close and talk to fellow TS members. We had a great time last year and I'm anxious to attend another one. The trails we go on will not do sheet metal damage, so don't worry about that. If you have any questions, please don't be shy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds lie fun. I would be interested, as long as I would be fine with a stock truck. I'm new here and just picked up an 05 Tundra last weekend (SR5 access cab, off road pkg), would be a good chance to meet some members.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds lie fun. I would be interested, as long as I would be fine with a stock truck. I'm new here and just picked up an 05 Tundra last weekend (SR5 access cab, off road pkg), would be a good chance to meet some members.
2WD or 4WD?

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a pic of a hill in Irving, but I'm having trouble moving it to this thread. I have it saved in my documents.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hey count me in too! Are you thinking of October Mountain again? or do you have another place in mind?

Joey

·
Goodbye '01 Tundra :(
168 Posts
Some pics:

Erving 1/14/2007 pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Page 1

The problem with the pictures is that people are only really taking pics when everyone is stopped to watch people go over a harder obstacle...so don't think the whole trail is really hard, it isn't, but there are a bunch of good obstacles to play on.

Pics of the hill you mentioned:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

·
168 Posts
You can run the whole trail in a stock truck with no locker. There are some rocky sections, but nothing that would damage your truck if you don't drive like a jerk, haha. If someone with a tundra wants to pre-run the trail sometime and try to guage whether or not they would want to bring other tundras on it, I would be willing to lead them through. It is definitely a stockable trail, but it is on the harder side of stockable, so you will get to test your skills a bit more.

·
Toyota Lifer
862 Posts
Nice!!!!! I like the pics :tu: So lets pick a Sat. I'm in:D

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What else does Irving offer as far as terrain? Any other pics? Looks like a blast.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
What else does Irving offer as far as terrain? Any other pics? Looks like a blast.
Count me in too...I'll tentatively mark May 19th on my calendar. :tu:

·
168 Posts
erving m&g 8-19 pictures from greek life photos on webshots

That is a run we did there last summer, I don't know if those pics are any better or worse though. It is a lot of fun, it isn't a long trail, somewhere in the 3 hour range depending on how much you stop to play on the obstacles.

Count me in too...I'll tentatively mark May 19th on my calendar. :tu:
I will be away on the 19th. :( I could do it on the 26th. (the following saturday)

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great pics!! I can't wait. Are there other trails or places to go near by? Do you have any pics from the non-stock run you did last year? Thanks

·
168 Posts
I am actually the president of a local off road club Northeast Toyota Crawlers. We go out all the time. There is a run this weekend that a stock truck with good tires could probably manage, but it would mean some abuse on the truck...and the trails are frequently narrow. You guys are welcome to come along though. IF anyone wants to wheel on a more regular basis, plus hang out on a forum and laugh at each other all day, you are welcome to join the club, there is no charge.
There are trails all over the place, some stock, some not. We are member of the East Coast 4 Wheel Drive Association (EC4WDA), they have access to a lot of private land that we can use and they also have access to public land that is legal to wheel on.

Our forum:
Northeast Toyota Crawlers Discussion Forum - Index

There is a whole section with trip reports if you want to check it out. You have to register on the forum to see it, but it is free.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The date is tentatively the 26th of May. Our trail leader can't make it on the 19th.

·
Toyota Lifer
862 Posts
That works too! Can we nail this down so everyone can make their plans:ts: :D

Everyone who plans to attend please post so a head count can start:tu:

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't understand the lack of interest. Are people afraid of damaging their trucks? Don't want to travel?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I can't understand the lack of interest. Are people afraid of damaging their trucks? Don't want to travel?
Count my "always late on posting" @ss in for the festivities!! :D As of right now, there isn't anything on my calendar.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts