Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming up on my 90K service and I would like some recommendations on any good shops in Austin.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I have been doing some searching and Ray's garage on N.Lamar seems to have a lot of good feedback. I e-mailed the shop and I received a nice letter from the manager. They have two ASE master mechanics and all of their other mech's are ASE certified and background checked. I'll post back later with my impressions. Any other recommendations are welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been using Riethmeyer's Auto Repair for several years now. Their prices are fair, and they've even turned down work that wasn't necessary (I was shocked). I've always been happy with their work. They're in North Austin, by Parmer and Mopac.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I'm coming up on my 90K service and I would like some recommendations on any good shops in Austin.

Thanks,

Chris
Strongly suggest not going to Toyota Dealers expecting to get Quality maintenance, from my understanding I knnow their integrity, and maintenance ethics are suspect!! Guess this cold happen anywhere but GOOD LUCK on finding someone that will fix your Toy per Toyota Maintenance Guides!!
1. Lug nuts torqued to past 150 Ft Lbs:td: = 83 Ft Lbs required!!
2. Paid for tranny Flush & Filter only got drain!!= i marked pan bolts and pan was not removed!:td:
List could probably go on and on but you asking this question tells me you allready know of this issue!!:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wouldn't use Elite, they tuned up my wife's toy and by the time I got to south austin it had a ruff idle, Stopped at the Toyota dealer on the motor mile at 6:30 pm and they fixed it by 7. Got us back on schedule for our trip, they said not to use cheap parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts