Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meguiars Mirror Glaze Professional Paste Wax:eBay Motors (item 230369573977 end time Sep-19-09 19:22:46 PDT)

#16 is an icon of car waxes. It dates back almost 50 years (same formula). This is a chance to get some at a killer deal. $8.99 with free shipping. This stuff is not made anymore and after this deal is gone you will not be able to get it again for less than $20 a tin, and thats if you find it on ebay.

#16 works best over clayed and polished paint as it is not a "cleaner" wax. If you are looking for a long lasting and great looking easy to apply wax, please pick some of this up. The main attraction for me is the beading. It beads better than anything else I have ever used in my detailing career.

Buy some, you wont be sorry.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I picked up a couple. What polish would you say this works best with? Or is any polish equally compatible?

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip. I picked up a couple. What polish would you say this works best with? Or is any polish equally compatible?
Any polish should be fine, just use your favorite. I like #80 speed glaze under #16, but anything will work great.

·
I'm just here for the food!
600 Posts
funny...last night a whole bunch of people down here on the pakshak forums just went off and did a GB on that wax. Though I was banned from buying because I have too many waxes already. Though I say, i've only just begun.:devil:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Thanks Brandon. I picked up a can to see how it works. Hopefully, there'll be more to buy after I give it a test run. I used to buy a non-cleaning carnuba in a can called "Classic" that when on hard and came off hard too, but the shine was deep.... This stuff sounds like the same... I look forward to it...

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As long as you apply this stuff THIN THIN THIN THIN THIN THIN THIN, you should be fine. If you think you are applying it thin, it's to thick lol. Also do the wipe on wipe off method with M16. Apply it to one panel, immediately wipe off. Dont let it haze, sit, dry, nothing...

Just make sure to use this over a freshly clayed and polished surface guys!

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you already ordered it you will be fine.

There are other auctions by the same user, same product, same price.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Meguiars Mirror Glaze Professional Paste Wax:eBay Motors (item 230369573977 end time Sep-19-09 19:22:46 PDT)

#16 is an icon of car waxes. It dates back almost 50 years (same formula). This is a chance to get some at a killer deal. $8.99 with free shipping. This stuff is not made anymore and after this deal is gone you will not be able to get it again for less than $20 a tin, and thats if you find it on ebay.

#16 works best over clayed and polished paint as it is not a "cleaner" wax. If you are looking for a long lasting and great looking easy to apply wax, please pick some of this up. The main attraction for me is the beading. It beads better than anything else I have ever used in my detailing career.

Buy some, you wont be sorry.

Brandon, you really think this wax will out perform against wolfgang fuzion?? I'm interested in trying some.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never used Fuzion.

If your paint is not perfect, neither wax will perform to its full potential.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Wolfgang Fuzion..... $175
Meguiars #16....... $9
Toyota ............. < $$ Ferrari

Hmmmmmmm........

Then again, the math never works when you're talking about a man and his ride.....

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I mean, Fuzion is a great wax, but it is a little overhyped. Megs #16 has a different look, and much much better durability.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Wolfgang Fuzion..... $175
Meguiars #16....... $9
Toyota ............. < $$ Ferrari

Hmmmmmmm........

Then again, the math never works when you're talking about a man and his ride.....
I paid $100 last Oct with a free refill. So I bought it for $50. I wouldn't pay full price for it anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Never used Fuzion.

If your paint is not perfect, neither wax will perform to its full potential.

My paint is not perfect and it never will be in my lifetime. I haven't waxed the tundra since march 09 when I put the pictures up on here with the wolfgang wax. I know that is sad. But I just didn't have time to.

Still have swirl marks all over the place. I'm pretty much broke right now but would love to drop $300 to purchase a porter cable and some type of swirl remover but that will never happen anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Anyone recieved this wax yet?

I bought two tins and have yet to get anything in the mail (ordered when Brandon first posted)

I will contact seller when I get home. Poor service :(

·
Registered
889 Posts

I bought two tins and have yet to get anything in the mail (ordered when Brandon first posted)

Check your ebay transaction. He should post the USPS tracking number in there. Mine are in the mail too... and I am not sure when it will arrive... it indicated printed the label on 9/4 and sent as Priority Mail.. but I haven't receive them yet.

Check your ebay transaction to see if he has the tracking number for you.

PS: I bought 10 @ $5 each... :tu:

·
Registered
391 Posts

Good to see I'm not the only one. Mine "shipped" on 8-31, haven't seen them yet. I emailed the seller yesterday, and haven't heard anything back.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts