Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I just sent a message inquiring what the deal was...... and that there were quite a few people on a "site" who ordered...and have not received any product.

See what happens .......

I hope it's legit, I hate scumbags :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Here is the reply I got:

Hi
Your items were shipped the next day from purchase and the Post Office
sent them back the next day because we shipped them first class and we had
to send them parcel post. All of the purchases have been shipped and as you
can see in my feedback many people have received thier items and all I can
do is check and see what is going on through the local post office here.
Every person who has emailed me has received a reply from me so if you can
ask the people who are waiting a reply to contact me I will reply.
Thanks

-karenedwards20022002

I guess time will tell ........

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I received mine in the mail today after 11 days waiting..... it was delivered by Postal "Priority Mail". Here's a picture of what I got.... I am very disappointed, as I thought it was a hard carnuba. You can see from the pics, it is a purple mush with a consistency of peanut butter. It smells like crayons like it should, but it is REALLY soft. The Ebay site said it was coming from Illinois, but it was delivered from Mississippi......

Hey Brandon, can you confirm if the stuff will still have strong kung-fu or if my $hit is weak.......

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok guys settle down. She is having shipping problems because she has apparently sold somewhere close to 1000 tins. I got mine in about 3 days and they are all perfect.

08salsa- #16 is a hard wax, yours just separated.

Great deal on #16 on ebay... - Page 7 - Autopia.org

there is a post in there about steaming the tin of wax until you melt all of it, then letting it sit and re-solidify. Should be fine. Some of this wax can be over 10 years old, so it just needs to be "remixed"

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Lots of work for a tin of wax...... Will try to reconstitute it, but I really wanted to use it today. I"ll have to try and do this chemistry experiment when the wife isn't looking, otherwise I'm in for a new pot......

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well you dont *have* to do that, you can use it just like it is, it is just a little jello-y.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Well..... I used the #16 while it was in its Peanut Butter-like form this morning. Results were ........ don't try it boys and girls !!!! It's much harder to control the amount being applied and as I learned, when you goop it on, and let it dry, it's a bear getting off. It's definitely not for the faint of heart......

I use Klasse sealant before the #16, so my arm was already tired.....

I found one of those tin foil pans and used it on the stove top to cook the #16. It took about 10 minutes with some stirring involved and I didn't let the water get to a boil since the wax melts completely at a temp lower than boiling water..... I've been waiting all day for it to reconstitute and get hard, but after about 6 hours, it's firmer than peanut butter and much more like margarine now (soft to the touch, if you press a bit). It's not hard like milk chocolate like I thought it should be......

Talking about all this is making me hungry........

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
That should yield you much better results. It took me about 10min to wax a CTS Caddy and it looked great!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Brandon or perhaps anyone else, 1st off :sorry: so long
Brandon, Beutiful work on you recent detail pics. I love the Lamborghini! For the last few month's I've been reading many of your posts and see that you use alot of different products however you seem to have some favorites and have taken up on some of your suggestions and value your opinions. Upon your recomendations, I have bought and used and Luv the duragloss 901 wash, Clay Magic bar, dg 652, Meguires SwirlX and the vroom line of mitts are very nice too. In my stock of other products that I have(much of what I bought prior to veiwing your posts) and used include Meguirs ColorX/Suprime Shine(Luv the pinnacolada like smell)/Ultimate Quick Wax/ Meg.NXT2, MF towels from Sams Club(used and havn't had any swirl marks from doing so), CLR metal polish, simple green, woolite(well,Targets brand of woolite)and early this year before I knew squat about proper detailing I picked up a Turtle Wax Care Care Kit that includes Zip Wax Car Wash/F21 SuperProtectant/Express Shine Spray Wax and the Rim Clean Foaming Wheel Cleaner(Hey I got all on clearance for $5 at Kmart). Perhaps I should just toss the TurtleWax junk out as I only used it a few times unless if you want it :) Anyway, I've been at AutoGeek.Net and am looking to add to my stock and have a few questions as I can't keep throwing my $$ out the window and having all these products around however I want to keep me and my wifes car looking decent and I'm getting hooked on this whole datailing thing that some of my other chores are on standby :eek:. I dont have a PC polisher yet but perhaps Santa will get me one till then it's all elbow gress for me but I'm not afraid of hard work. Ok back to what I'm eyeballing at Autogeek, here is what I'm thinking and this weeks budget is alowing me to spend about $50/75 tops. Here is what I'm contiplating DG(TPP) # 105, DP Max Wax (2-4-1), Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845(This stuff looks like it performs awsome and it has a bonus towel), Klasse ALL-IN-ONE. What do you recommend from these products? Also I know I have the Meg. QiuckWax but I seen that you love Optimum Car Wax spray but maybe I get OCW when I'm out of the Meg. I also need some foam pads, Autogeek has Autogeek Foam Applicators 6 Pack(2-4-1) and even though I have some MF towels(so maybe I should pass), I see Cobra Shamrock 750 Microfiber Towel, 16 x 24 inches at (2-4-1). I see that they have 303 Aerospace Protectant 16 oz at (2-4-1) looks like a good deal there to but where this this come in for my detailing? I also see Pinnacle XMT Polishing Pad Cleaner(2-4-1) on Autogeek however I just washed my entire towels/mitts/pads using the following method- Keep in mind that this would fall under a small load but I set the washer to a full load. Washed once with a 1/3-1/2 cup of Dawn Dish soap, 2nd wash with 1/4 cup of Woolite and 1/4cup of Dawn and a third wash with no detergent at all. Into the dryer on med heat with no fabric softner. Any thoughts on this or a better way? Well Brandon, I know I threw alot at you but your opinion is valued by me. I mean just look at your pics and good god! So, if you can give me some direction on where to take this, I would appreciate it. Like I said I have a small budget so I want to get the best bang or POP from my buck. Thanks for your time guys. Micky

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Micky- If you will copy/paste that question and make a new thread, I will close it out of this thread and we can respond to it separately. I'll post up my email response to you as well :)

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Ok, I am very unsatisfied with this.

Not only did it take a unacceptable amount of time to receive the wax....but BOTH tins are completely seperated and useless. I will not be attempting to "boil" anything. I shouldn;t have to.

I manufacture and sell retail items EVERY DAY. Quite a few members her have purchased my items. I cannot sell junk like this. I would be out of business.

I have sent a message to the seller, asking for a full refund. I have yet to give feedback to this seller. They have 100% ... I would hate to ruin it for them. They REALLY need to disclose the fact that this wax is so far past it's shelf life that it's chemically breaking down.

I would have NEVER purchased it had I known that. I don't think I am along here.

Jon

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Here is the reply I got.

Hi Jon,
If you will return them back to me I will make open and send you 2
perfect ones, I have had over 250 feedbacks from customers and they have
all been happy. I have attached a copy from a letter from a gentleman on
the forum, the 2 cans might have been defected. I will refund you back the
money if you want, we wnat you to bwe happy so please let us
know.
Thanks
Karen
Dear karenedwards20022002,

FYI,

More good
comments.

Re: Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got my 5 cans today and arrived in perfect condition. Have zero complaints about Karen. With the other 3 I had before I should be set for awhile. Great stuff................

-karenedwards20022002

They sound very sincere. The problem is.......not only will/would I be out shipping costs...but the time. This is a lose-lose situation.

08Salsa, did you ever contact them about your wax problems?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Here's my deal - that I explained to the EBAY seller.... First, before I get into it, she was very sincere about trying to explain the late delivery and tried to send me new stuff or refund the bad items - she seemed just as sincere with me as she sounds with you.

Now..... I wanted to try this was out so bad, that I unsuccessfully tried to reconstitute the stuff using the double boiler technique... it did not work. I wanted to I start using it so I cooked it let it set and started using it, as shown in my album. It seemed to work fine... but like you say, I shouldn't have had to do this... but I did because I wanted to get with it..... two days later and the stuff still has the consistency of crisco/room temp butter/soft ice cream/peanut butter.... you name it, it's not hard like souveran or other hard waxes i've used or pics of M16 I've seen.

Since I tried to reconsititute it and I used it, I did not feel good about pressing the EBAY seller about a return or refund.... even when I paid full price (free shipping). I gave her positive feedback for her efforts to try and fix the problem, but definitely am not happy with the product (even after I cooked it). Be careful, it could have gotten damaged in shipment with the heat, vice sitting in a warehouse like some might presume. In either case, you take a risk if you try to "fix" it.

I've since watched the Meguiars forum and in most cases they've recommended any mushy/watery product be returned for a refund/new item and have not recommended reheating the product or "freezing" it. In this case, since M16 hasn't been mfg'd, it would seem to be difficult to get a "new" tin. If you look across most of the forums, several customers are receiving products like we did in a "pudding" form.

I've said my piece and refuse to flame the EBAY seller for something I unsuccessfully tried to fix.

When you talk to folks, you might want to probe what "good condition" means.....consistency like peanut butter or like a hard chocolate....

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Thank you for your info Salsa.

I will completely agree with the fact that the seller is sincere. So much so, after a bit of friendly correspondence, she OFFERED (I didn't ask for this) ...to send me two new tins, and pay for shipping to return these.

Here is her reply:

Hi Jon,
I will send you 2 more cans and I will check them prior to
shipping and will send and enclosed packaged for you to send the 2 back to
me without you spending any money on sending those back to me. Will this be
okay with you.
Karen

-karenedwards20022002

I am VERY happy with this and it was handled in a professional manner. I feel the seller had no intention what-so-ever to sell defective product.

She will be receiving positive feedback when all said and done.

Jon

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Now, we'll have a good test case to see if it is shipping that is causing the problem. Let us know what you receive....

If you go to the Meguiars forum and type "consistency" in the search tool, you'll find 35 pages of folks talking about this "good deal"......

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Guys, you are forgetting that even though these are new, they have likely been sitting in a warehouse for well over a decade or so. You say you should not have to boil the wax, but everyone else that got a pudding container had to, and it worked fine.

Glad to hear it all worked out.

BTW- If the wax is mushy after the double boiler, set it in the fridge. It hardens up nicely. All of my 10 tins are setting in the fridge and have the consistency of room temp chocolate.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Thanks Brandon. The unfortunate problem is that some newbies, such as myself were not aware that this product was discontinued after the California VOC restrictions were put in place around 2002. Since I was not familiar with the product, I was not familiar with what to expect in the tin, other than a hard wax at a great price, which is not the same as having to cook (and now refridgerate) pudding. I still have not seen a pic or read on the other forums exactly what this stuff is supposed to look like in its "prisinte" form.

Again, I'm not flaming the EBAY seller..... I am seeking to understand.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I do not agree with you on this Brandon.

I might not be a professional detailer, but I have been waxing vehicles for over 25 years. If I ever purchased a tin of wax that was broken down and separated like the tins I received here, I would return it. Waxing is enough work as it is, I do not need the added hassle of reconstituting the product I just bought, before I use it.

As I stated, if this was disclosed in the ebay ad, I would have never bought it. Who has time for this ? That is, if it even works!

I own two small businesses. I work 14-15 hours a day. Heck, I have to fight just to find time to wash/wax my truck as it is. I do not want to work on my wax, before I can use my wax. That's just ridiculous.

This is just my opinion of course, no hostility here......just my feeling on the subject ;)

Thanks,
Jon

Guys, you are forgetting that even though these are new, they have likely been sitting in a warehouse for well over a decade or so. You say you should not have to boil the wax, but everyone else that got a pudding container had to, and it worked fine.

Glad to hear it all worked out.

BTW- If the wax is mushy after the double boiler, set it in the fridge. It hardens up nicely. All of my 10 tins are setting in the fridge and have the consistency of room temp chocolate.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts