Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm really not hip to what are good speakers these days, i was looking at these:
Infinity Reference 9613i

6"x9" 3-way car speakers

Price Break - Save $50: Was $149.99

Question # 1------You think this is a decent speaker to replace the stock 6x9 in my Tundra ??? OR

Question # 2------for 10 bucks less are these a better set ??

Polk Audio db 690
6"x9" 3-way Speakers

Price Break - Save $60: Was $149.99

Please give your advice for bot sets, thanks TS :D:D

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
I actually would not do either. Those stock speakers are designed to work with the stock amp, and h/u and such. Especially if they are the JBL series. You will notice a decrease in volume, decrease in bass, maybe an increase in treble.

Stock speakers are really sensitive so they get decently loud off of very little power, those aftermarket ones are not sensitive, meaning they wont be as loud or have as much bass.

Check into getting a smaller sub or something. That way, the sub takes your bass out of your stock speakers allowing them to play louder with less distortion.

Brandon

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi brandon, i have the non JBL 6 changer stereo, does this make a difference from having non JBL to having JBL ?? Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Ok, then yeah, just add a small sub. Some companies such as Tang-Band or Elemental Designs make a 6.5" sub that slams. That will allow the sub to reproduce much of the bass that your stock speakers are trying to reproduce. You can turn down the bass on the h/u and shoot that to the sub, letting your stock speakers play louder with less distortion.

Stock speakers actually sound ok if they are relived of bass.

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
Were you planning on getting 4 all new speakers? Do you have a price cap to spending?

if Yes/No, look into a 4-channel amp from the same company (crutchfield I'm assuming with "price breaks"). A 50x4 up to 100x4 will be perfect. If the amp has "high-level" inputs, it'll be easy to install with the factory HU. Run all new polk's from the new amp. You will be very pleased after all is said and done.

if Yes/Yes, do Brandon's sub idea. It's a good bargain, and you get more bass for your buck.

good luck, I'm sure it'll sound good whichever option you choose.:tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts