Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey its been almost a year since I posted ;D, but yeah I finally got a decent budget for my tundra audio setup.
2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 access cab (EVERYTHING IS STOCK :()
1000$ after everything :/

Anyways I was wondering about a handful of things:

1) Is there any-spot to put a sub-woofer w/o making a box? If not what kinda subs should would be recommended for that model?

2) The best spot to put an amp would be in that little secret compartment under the back seat? Or would heat be an issue there and cause it to overheat?

3) Good brand for the front and rear speakers that will fall into budget.

4) Decent receiver to get that you have found pretty nice but doesn't cost like 300$. ;)

5) Hard part do I need to rewire everything with better gauge wires and also where is a good place to place the tweeters?

HAHA yeah that's a lot, would I need to invest in security for the receiver?

Hmm I think that's enough questions. ^_^
Thanks in advance :ts:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hey its been almost a year since I posted ;D, but yeah I finally got a decent budget for my tundra audio setup.
2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 access cab (EVERYTHING IS STOCK :()
1000$ after everything :/

Anyways I was wondering about a handful of things:

1) Is there any-spot to put a sub-woofer w/o making a box? If not what kinda subs should would be recommended for that model?

2) The best spot to put an amp would be in that little secret compartment under the back seat? Or would heat be an issue there and cause it to overheat?

3) Good brand for the front and rear speakers that will fall into budget.

4) Decent receiver to get that you have found pretty nice but doesn't cost like 300$. ;)

5) Hard part do I need to rewire everything with better gauge wires and also where is a good place to place the tweeters?

HAHA yeah that's a lot, would I need to invest in security for the receiver?

Hmm I think that's enough questions. ^_^
Thanks in advance :ts:

My suggestion: Take your front and rear speaker budget and spend it all on fronts.

For the tweeters, this varies depending on the shape of the vehicle. But experiment carefully before/if you drill. Wire them, then stick them in different spots to listen without installing them yet. Tweeter placement more than about 12 inches from the mid range/mid bass woofer can start to degrade sound quality.

If I had mine to install again I'd strongly consider a spot somewhere high in the door.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts