Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is what I have....

- 2007 Tundra DC with the JBL 6-disk head unit, bluetooth, etc..
- HTC Evo from Sprint.

I am trying to figure out how to get the audio from my phone to play through the bluetooth on the truck. I have the phone paired and have no issues with the phone for phone calls. Is the headunit not A2DP compatible?? I know the phone is.

I have searched the forum a couple times and tried anything and everything I could find.

frustrated as heck.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I don't believe you can do this with the 2007 - 2009 JBL systems. The 2010's may be able to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am new to this and I hope someone can answer my question. I just bought a used 2007 Tundra and it has an AD1804 radio with 6 CD changer. How do I know whether it's Bluetooth ready or not? Our state has a new law starting Oct 1, 2010 where we can no longer drive and talk on the phone. I found in the manual about the bluetooth but was not able to figure it out on the actual radio which leads me to believe it doesn't have it but I thought I'd ask if anyone knew a sure fire way to know for sure. Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wondered the same thing so I stopped by the dealer and asked. They told me only the JBL series has the bt capability plus, on the right hand side of the unit where it shows the mp3, cd logo's it would also have a bt logo.

my ? is, what "stock radio" would mount in place to gain the bt capability? only the JBL ? if so, from what years? I"m guessing 07 to 10?

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Bear in mind that the Bluetooth version on your phone may not be compatible with the Bluetooth in your truck. I ran into such a problem between by Blackberry and my Kenwood. I had to upgrade the firmware on the Kenwood to get it to work.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Hmm. so how do you find out if they are compatible? I have a Iphone 3Gs. they should be OK.....
I'd start with your Cell Phone provider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts