Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a brake controller for my 2002 Sequoia. I'm towing a 23' TT. I found a Tekonsha brake controller model 90195 P3 in the classified for $120 OBO. Says that is 3 months old and selling because his F-250 has factory installed.
The price seems high, but from reading here it is the controller of choice for most. I'm thinking about making an offer. If the wiring harness is for a F-250 I assume that it won't work for me,but reading here there is no plug and play for my 2002 anyway. Is this correct? I will most likely pay someone to install it because it sounds like a PITA for the 2002.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
For that price you can probably have a new one shipped to your house. No need to get the vehicle specific wire harness if you have the OEM wire adapter that came with the vehicle. Splice the wire harness that comes with the P3 to your OEM wires to the length you need. The P3 has a tag on it that tells you how to match them up. I used some crimp connectors. Works great. And I have a new unused Toyota to P3 wire harness in my garage that is too short for my placement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts