Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my truck in to have a few things looked at before my 35k warranty was up and to have the tranny checked out.

I posted a topic earlier about my drivers side seat being worn through (34k) and how it looks to be a complete warranty issue. Well the service manager Chuck refuses to fix it.

On my hood and where the grill attaches I have rust spots and missing paint from the battery leaking on it. He claims this is not a warranty issue as well because it was not maintained? Its a stock battery, in a stock truck, with no new wiring running to it, still under warranty. He claims that this was caused by not cleaning the battery due to build up under the terminals. I noticed this probably a month or less ago and decided not to do anything about it until I got it in for them to see. The battery (stock) clearly leaked and caused damage to the truck (all still under warranty).

The clear rocker panel protection on my truck has been lightly bubbling and discoloring for about 6 months now and has finally gotten to be very noticeable. I have read of people having the same issues and their dealers replacing it since it is a stock Toyota part.

What I need from everyone is links or references, names of dealers, etc that HAVE repaired these things for their clients. When I buy a 38k truck I expect the seat to last longer than 30k (my 1st 4runner, a 96 is still going strong with over 200k on the clock and the seat looks barely used), a non leaking battery that doesn't cause damage to my paint and truck, and a dealership to back me up for Christs sake.

The worst part about the whole ordeal is this dealership hates me and I feel like they will personally go out of their way to screw me over. We had them replace the clutch in my 00 4runner a few years ago and paid for a FULL clutch job, not just the clutch and that's it, but everything. They did the work, drove home to Denver and boom, clutch went out on me completely. They didn't replace the rear main seal even though it was supposed to be done and after a near legal battle they decided to have the Denver dealership refinish the clutch. Well that only lasted a few k more and fortunately I traded that rig in on my truck.

They have refused to do work and warranty parts for me in the past on it since I did not buy it from them. After a heated talk with the service manager last night I was told none of this would be fixed and its all my fault. i told him I would contact corporate which i have not done yet, and he said he would "try" and have the local rep call me.The guy was so incredibly rude to me and treated me like a child, even after I informed him I have done my research and know how this all works, the issues at hand, etc.

Now Im sitting here and having trouble hunting down the links and threads from this forum and others regarding the issues I am having. If you guys have any leads or info please shoot them my way.

Thanks a million,
Dexter

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Citing links on the internet may not provide the result you desire, as many consider discussion boards to be filled with gossip and hearsay (which is often true). TSBs and official documents are another matter however.

You need to stand your ground and let the dealership know you will not get tired and just go away. Formal complaints to Toyota and/or legal action may have to be on the radar. I would contact the dealership principal and politely let him know you and he would be "seeing a lot of each other" unless this matter is resolved.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would contact the dealership principal and politely let him know you and he would be "seeing a lot of each other" unless this matter is resolved.[/QUOTE said:
I agree. It's very frustrating when we are treated this way by dealers; however polite, informed responses have always worked the best for me. Good luck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts