Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys new to this board and need help with my Tundra. I have the most annoying squeak coming from the front of my truck while driving. I've taken my truck to a shop close to my house and a Toyota dealer close to my work and there both telling me different things. I've been told from one shop it's the front brakes squeaking and then the other shop telling me it's my strut bushings. I looked and my bushings and they look fine?

New on my truck:
Lower ball joints (Recall about 1 yr ago)
Upper ball joints (today)
New front struts Aftermarket (6 months ago)
Rear shocks OEM (6 months ago)

Has anyone had any troubles with theirs or could maybe lead me in the right direction. This is getting expensive.
2004 Tundra super cab 2 x 4
88K:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 04 with the same issue. That said, it has diminished over the last year. I think it's the bumper cover rubbing on amount or bumper component. Try this. Mix up some very soapy (lube) water and wash all over and into the cracks of the bumper. Leave the soap on and take a drive - bet it's gone. Sounds crazy but I believe the bumper cover fits really lose and at times it rubs and squeaks.
Good Luck

·
Registered
202 Posts
Could be front swaybar bushings that are worn out, some grease on them might fix squeak, mine comes and goes , gets worse after it rains.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts