Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon trouble shooting some cell I had on my truck I removed my UNICHIP while bringing it to the dealer just incase.

When reinstalling and pulling the 24 pin connector through the fire wall with the supplied insertion tool 2 of the pins in the plug came out. Now obviously my truck will not run with these pins out. Can anyone take a quick glance at there 24 pin plug (the plug that actually connects to the unichip ECU mounted in the cab) and tell me where the BROWN wire and the WHITE wire go into the connector?

If at all possible, please include a reference point such as the white wire with red stripe that is on the corner of the connector or so forth..i.e. between whatever two colored wires?

Thanks for any and all help! Points definitely sent to whoever can help me as I dont wanna take off the unichip cause its a pain int he but!

I guess ill be more gently next time and use more electrical tape down the length of the wire to prevent these mishaps! DAMN I am pissed at myself! :mad:

Thanks again for help

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I can't check on mine until tomorrow afternoon. If you have not gotten an answer by then, I will check for you. Might be quicker to call Unichip in the morning. Good luck.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tony,

Thank you so much! If you do not mind checking tomorrow I would greatly appreciate it! I still have my truck in garage unoperable, (dont wanna take unichip back off). I will call unichip tomorrow as well in the morning and try to get an answer! I will post problem fixed if I get a hold of them!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Sent you a PM to help out.....

Great luck!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
problem solved! contacted unichip and had it quickly repaired.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Does this chip do anything?
Usually, these "chip" thingies are simply a collection of passive devices, like resistors, that modify ECU input parameters such as Intake Air Temp and Coolant Temp, to fool the ECU into thinking the engine needs more fuel. Not much more than that, really.

Steve

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Glad they helped you.

Usually, these "chip" thingies are simply a collection of passive devices, like resistors, that modify ECU input parameters such as Intake Air Temp and Coolant Temp, to fool the ECU into thinking the engine needs more fuel. Not much more than that, really.

Steve
That is true of those ebay $25 chips. Unichip is more than than that. Check their site.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
bezam718 Re: Need help ASAP w/ UNICHIP pins out of plug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to here that your issue is resolved.

·
Registered
984 Posts

Steve
Damn, you mean those gains on the dyno were all in my head? Crazy. Didn't know you could custom tune a "thingie".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts