Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am brand new to the site. I am actively looking for a new 2010 Tundra. I considered buying other brands, but the Tundra's styling is WAY better than the others. I also like the resale and the reliability aspect of the Tundra. I wonder if anyone reading this can put in their two sense about some questions I have: Which Tundra is best for me? I want an aggressive looking truck that still rides nice on the highway. I NEED bench seats in front, so I can fit 4 kids w/ wife. I may buy a boat in future-so I need good towing capab. I like the idea of having a a double cab for a longer bed. Don't want the "LONG" bed, just the standard on the double cab. I would like to keep price as close to $30K as possible. If I mainly drive on pavement in a warmer climate(Tennessee), I dont think I need a 4x4. Is the TRD (not the rock warrior) the one for me? I like the way it looks b/c of the rims and tires. Or should I just buy a Tundra grade and upgrade rims/tires etc. later?? What is the diff. in the suspension in the TRD verses the regular Tundra grade suspension? Any input would be appreciated. Thx

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't think you need the TRD. That is for the off-road enthusiast. I recently purchased a 2010 double cab (not the CrewMax) with 4x4 and the towing package, which raises the towing capacity to around 10,500 lbs. I have a pretty heavy 24-foot offshore fishing boat. If the boat you are contemplating is not that large, you may get by without the towing package. The towing package includes a separate transmission cooler and transmission temperature gauge. My truck has great highway ride, and I think the double cab is probably plenty of room for a wife and kids. If you buy the CrewMax, I think you give up bed space. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
860 Posts
You've pretty much answered you're own questions. The TRD is package not a model. You're looking for a dbl cab 2wd SR5. Next choice is engine, 4.6 or 5.7. Either will work unless you're going to max out the towing capacity. I'd get the two package becuase it will be good for resale and you'll be towing something. You could go for the Tundra Grade model if you wanted to save more $ but it's basically just a work truck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a double cab trd tundra with an xsp package and the ride is amazing. the 4.7 is cheaper, but the 5.7 is bad a$$. 4x4 isn't necessary unless your launching on a steep and slippery slope or its a heavy boat. If the dealers by you have the xsp package go for it. Leather seats would be good for kids

1 - 4 of 4 Posts