Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4x4 d-cab and I currently have a set of BFG AT's on there and I do not like them at all as they seem to be hard to balance. They always shake.

Well the tire store that I bought them from said they would give me a full refund of the tires towards another set of tires. I mostly do a lot of street driving, with quite a bit of towing. As far as the 4x4, I mostly use that in the rain and a little bit in the sand, dirt and gravel. Sometimes in the mountians when we visit for a couple of weeks up there i'll drive in snow and ice. I due go to the beach and we are able to drive on the beach so you have real loose sugar sand.

As far as looks go, they both look good to me. I think the AT' may have a slight advantage in the looks deparment but the M/S seems to be a better tire traction wise.

Which one do you guys prefer. I am leaning towards the M/S since I think they would be alright in the off road situations that I do. Post any pics if you have them on your truck and any expierence with either tire in off road conditions.

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I have 2 sets of LTXAT2's & initial road force balance was all good except for 1 tire, which i got replaced and that took about a week and when i got it, all 4 were within runout specs. Ok all was good to go and at about the 5000 mile point i decided to do another road force balance due to vibrations in the whole truck! Not sure if alignment caused all 4 tires to road force balance bad but they all 4 went outta specs in 5000 miles and now i am living with vibrations also! I am fixing to try an alignment to see if that fixes or improves the vibrations? The seconnd set is on my 93 PU and they are oversized but ride great without vibrations! i do rotations every 5000 miles at oil changes on both trucks! I would say if you want a slightly more aggresive tire the AT2's are better than the M&S but either would be a good choice!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts