Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed Supersprings (add-a-leaf thing) onto the rear leaf-pack of my 2005 Toyota Tacoma. It raised the rear of my truck more than expected, so now I need to level out the front. I have a couple questions.

#1: My mechanical knowledge is definately inferior, so I am asking, how many inches can I lift the front with just an aluminum spacer, and NOT have to worry about replacing the other front end "stuff" whatever that might be (diff drops, control arms, shocks etc...) Am I safe to assume I can use up to a 3" spacer without needing to install or adjust anything else? If not, how about a 2.5" or 2" spacer?

#2: I was a fool, and I did not take measurements before installing the Supersprings, so I don't know how much higher the rear end sits than before. How do I determine how many inches of lift I need up front to level it out? I have seen 1", 1.5", 2", 2.5" and 3" aluminum spacers for sale on line. How do I determine which one to select? I rarely have a load in the back of my truck. In case you are wondering why the heck I would install the supersprings in the first place if I rarely carry a load, the answer is that the STOCK rear suspension would bottom out very easily whenever I go over a big bumps. There is a TSB for this, my truck is not in warranty anymore, so I turned to the supersprings for a quick fix and it indeed solved the problem. Now I just need to level it. Anyone who can help me out I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks!!!! :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Measure from the ground to the rear fender and then the same thing on the front. The difference between these 2 will be the front lift required for "level". 2.5" is about the max w/o a diff drop needed. 3" is about the max with a diff drop. Once you have determined what it will take for "level" jack the front of the truck up allowing the front suspension to droop (IE put the jack under the frame) until the distance from the ground to the fender is the same as the rear. Take a look and see if you like the way it looks. If not lower it down 'till you like it and then measure from the ground to the front fender. That distance minus the original distance (with the truck on the ground) is what spacer you should get.

EDIT: FWIW the spacer will not measure the lift amount. It will be approximately half. In other words, If you get a 3" spacer it will measure approximately 1.5" but it will lift the truck 3". So, if you want a 3" lift go ahead and order the 3" spacer, just don't be alarmed when you get it and it is not 3".

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Corban,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I just could not think of a good reference point to make the measurement, and the fenders make a lot of sense. Also, thanks for the advanced warning about the actual physical size of the spacers, I did not know about that either.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Daystar Comfort Ride Suspension kits are the perfect choice for a lift that will not only increase vehicle height, but enhance performance. Improve ground clearance, allow for larger tires, utilize most of the stock components and improve the all around on & off road capabilities at an affordable price. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts