Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
‘09 Tundie. It has the original steel wheels, which I think are 50mm offset. Looking at a set of ‘15 Tundie Aluminum rims. The only difference is their offset of 60mm.

is that too much of a difference that I’d have to do some serious modification or would it be ok just putting them on?

·
Registered
13 Posts
hello. I use the website below for those questions....
I say go for it!!!
post your two tiresizes and I would love to chime in!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello. I use the website below for those questions....
I say go for it!!!
post your two tiresizes and I would love to chime in!
No change in tire size... both 18”s... just a change in offset apparently

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put in your data.
(after you click the link) The left side is 50mm right side is 60mm. shows very slight negative scrub radius
I also learned that your year came with both offsets on different models from the factory.
60mm offset will make it look even cooler! If that's possible :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I put in your data.
(after you click the link) The left side is 50mm right side is 60mm. shows very slight negative scrub radius
I also learned that your year came with both offsets on different models from the factory.
60mm offset will make it look even cooler! If that's possible :cool:
Y’all are so sweet to help me... so color me silly... But what do you mean by ‘slight negative scrub radius’???
So it won’t look super different just sitting 10mm deeper in the well (and nicer than the cheapest wheels a Tundie came with...?

I really wanted the machined aluminum with the black...but with those dang silver accented stepboards trying to black out the Tundie would not look right in my opinion... or what to do you think about painting them black?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plus the tire dudes at Costco cracked one cap and never put the other back on... grrr. The wheels look better than they actually are... then I’ll attach a pic of my friends Tundie rims that he’s virtually giving me for nothing...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have steel rims on my 07, and with no center caps and painted flat black..........much better. I would like some nice Aluminum rims, but man if you hit a Pot hole in New England, damage can occur. If you live in one of those states with smooth roads.......made for cars not horse and buggy, then go for it. If you drive behind our BMW dealership, there is a pile of bent aluminum rims.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don’t tell anyone... I spend the first half of my life (23 years) in Buffalo, NY.
And I’ll tell you, we do have crappy roads down south as well. Probably not as many though...

thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm in Rhode Island now....I think we were on the news about having the worst roads in the county.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Of course! Even though I make some pretty damn good wings myself... I’m not a fan of Duff’s.
My sister lives near Binghamton in a little hole called Delhi...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Up by Oneonta, close to rt 23, beautiful area. Rt 23a, 23b are awesome back roads. I wanted to buy some land up there , but prices, taxes, and getting sick of the cold. Florida is starting to look good. In the boonies of course, tired of beaches too. Keep good on those wings, and Broome county NY is known for Speedies. Cubed meat marinated in pungent italian dressing, grilled and on Italian bread. That's it, nothing else on it, unless you just dont know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So the negative scrub is a geometry thing. It means all things being equal (same tire, same truck) , where the true tire "center" hits the ground and where it "should" hit the ground are slightly different when your rim is pushed out by 10mm.
It's good to know that these rims came on this truck in the higher trim packages though so you know you are safe regardless of what I say. :) Also I read it as 10mm-> out. So a teensy bit more aggressive stance, but so small not really noticeable.
That sucks about the center cap..but thank the Lord for Ebay!I I've had the same thing happen and always when I am in a rush. I bought Costco tires and put them on myself! They made me sign a paper that voids the warranty once. Sometimes the manager takes it as an insult..but other Costco's the guys are fine with it.
Thanks for the great pics!

Sweet looking truck!

·
Registered
447 Posts
The alloy and steel wheels had different size tires. 255/70-18 for steel and 275/65-18 for alloys.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
‘09 Tundie. It has the original steel wheels, which I think are 50mm offset. Looking at a set of ‘15 Tundie Aluminum rims. The only difference is their offset of 60mm.

is that too much of a difference that I’d have to do some serious modification or would it be ok just putting them on?

All factory tundra wheels from all tundras from 2007-2020 will all fit each other with no problems

1 - 20 of 30 Posts