Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to install a double DIN 05 Scion HU in my 06 Tundra Access Cab with factory cd/cassette radio. My problem is different than CyberBilly's. He had an amp under his radio in dash. I found mine under jump seat in back.

The Scion Pioneer radio sports the standard Toyota 10 and 6 pin plug. My Tundra has a 20 pin connector. Obviously the two wont work together, much to my dismay after buying this HU thinking it was plug and play.

What parts do I need to buy to make it work, actual part number would be helpful, guys at OEM never emailed me back, I emailed them 2x with question, and what about door speakers, how do they tie in?

With the 20 pin connector, My OEM had a 6 pin connector connected to HU as well, can I just plug this into the Scion (it fits).

Please help with the part numbers if you have done this. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I got a 10 and 6 pin connector, fit well on head unit. Next question, my factory amp is under rear jump seat on right side. Will I have to run wire from hu to amp to access actual speaker wire or are these available at hu? I am an electronics tech and have access to Belden cable at work if I have to run from radio to amp location.

Also, what about door tweeters? Are they tied in with front or rear speakers?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone that needs to know, with the rear amp, I ran an 8 conductor belden cable from hu to lower right hand floorboard connectors, soldered into speaker wires there and sealed with heat shrink, then had three other wires from previous connectors to cut and splice into new connectors at hu (plus the 8 from the Belden cable.) Sound connections and very neat. Taped old connectors back out of way in dash.

Scion radio sounds great, but cd changer doesnt work, it has error 3 and thinks it is full, wont load. Googled and looks like a lot of people have had same problem, so be aware. Single disc units should be okay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

Replaced the changer with a single disc T1808 and it works fine. Sound quality seems to be a little worse than on the changer. I picked it up on ebay for about 50 bucks. Bought a Sirius receiver on ebay for $60 and antenna fitkit PTS-31-00051-AA from Metro Toyota Kalamazoo, Michigan (website) which has antenna that mounts on windshield for less than $100, and have it all hooked up and operational. Everything fit great! Now enjoying satellite radio in this '06.

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab with door tweeters and previously external amp

(Now to upgrade the lousy OEM speakers!!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts