Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a pair of headrest monitors for my 04 Sequoia. Long story made short I broke the cable that runs from the DVD player thru the back of the seat to the monitor.

It has a 8pin male connector on one end the other end has a red and black wire for constant and ground. It also has yellow/red/white male rca connectors.

Anyone know where I can find a place to buy this type of cable? I cut the 8-pin end off to see if I could just solder the two together but don't think I can sodder the rca wires together and have it work well.

Spent the am on the internet and calling but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Purchased a pair of headrest monitors for my 04 Sequoia. Long story made short I broke the cable that runs from the DVD player thru the back of the seat to the monitor.

It has a 8pin male connector on one end the other end has a red and black wire for constant and ground. It also has yellow/red/white male rca connectors.

Anyone know where I can find a place to buy this type of cable? I cut the 8-pin end off to see if I could just solder the two together but don't think I can sodder the rca wires together and have it work well.

Spent the am on the internet and calling but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any advice.

You find this yet? I just ripped my old pair out of my old 4Runner. I just may have one of these. Accidentally cut one? Oops... Anyway, I had one bad unit, so ripped it out when I sold my 4Runner.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You find this yet? I just ripped my old pair out of my old 4Runner. I just may have one of these. Accidentally cut one? Oops... Anyway, I had one bad unit, so ripped it out when I sold my 4Runner.
Didn't cut it. It was a cheap set and the pins in the pin connectors bent when I tried to push them together.

Thanks for the offer but I ended up cutting the connector end off then taking the screens out of the headrest and running the wires thru the back of the seats, into the headrest and solder the wires directly to the board. SO its hardwired, feel sorry for the next owner who trys and takes them out....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a bad deal $260 for headrest monitors, seperate dvd player I put in center console and wireless headphones. Cheap made but they do the trick for the kids...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts