Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of replacing seats on my first (Used) Tundra and I have gray interior. Does anyone know of a way to get the plastic sides on the seats and buckles changed to black so it will blend in nicely with my Tuscany amaretto Katzkin seats? (i.e. junkyard etc...) I really appreciate the help!!!

Cowboy

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
If not, you can always order them from the dealer... But it will be $$$... Good luck!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I did on my tundra.

I landed a super... killer deal on the (black) leather seat covers... ($51 shipped - can't refused)... so I replaced my gray cloth seats. I painted/dyed all the plastic sides of the seats and anything attached to the seats from gray to black.

Lot of works and preparations. It hold up good on the non traffic areas. I even dyed the seatbelt buckles too... which is not good and not recommended... unless you put some clearcoats on it. The seatbelt buckles start to rub away.

I used Landau Black Interior dye (perfect match to Toyota OEM black)... got it from Eastwood. Landau Black Interior Paint Aerosol 12 oz Net

1. Clean the parts really well to remove any greases... I used soaps and thinner.
2. Apply Vinyl/Plastic Prep Vinylcoat Plastic Prep Aerosol 11.25 Net
3. I used non-sand primer spray for some hard to reach spots... to make sure it stick.
4. Apply Adhesion Promoter Adhesion Promoter 16oz.
5. Dye/Paint using Landau Black Interior Paint Aerosol 12 oz Net

Patient is the key... do many many many many light coats. Wait about 5 minutes between coats... did you said... light coats?

Recommend to dye/paint on warm days... because it will give good results. I did some at nights... bad ideas.

Let all the dyed parts sit alone to cure for 48 hours before put them back. This will ensure good results.

NOTE: make sure to dye all the parts in dust free area... or at least not too much dust.

PM me if you need more details.

Good Luck,

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts