Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know there is someone out there who knows my pain or at least can help. I have a 2007 sr5 crew max. I really wanted steering wheel controls and bluetooth. I followed the DIY "adding steering wheel controls" they work beautifully. (wrong color, let me know if you have any black controls.) I purchased a new take off 2010 A51893 cd disc radio to have the bluetooth feature. I even purchased the USB/AUX in hopes to find schematics for the wiring on both the radio and the USB/AUX. no luck yet. The real kicker is the radio says "BT AUDIO PLAYER NOT FOUND." Do any of you have any good ideas as to what my problem mat or may not be? I can't find any documentation. thanks for your help.

jason

Attachments

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but... If you want the bluetooth feature for voice, you'll need to have a microphone. I believe the Mic wires plug into a 6-pin harness (there were 5 wires in mine) behind the radio. The mic itself generally sits in the overhead console (you'll see the holes/lines in the console on the front/left side).

Is that what you're asking about? Does the radio ask you (out loud) to "say a command" after you push the talk switch?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but... If you want the bluetooth feature for voice, you'll need to have a microphone. I believe the Mic wires plug into a 6-pin harness (there were 5 wires in mine) behind the radio. The mic itself generally sits in the overhead console (you'll see the holes/lines in the console on the front/left side).

Is that what you're asking about? Does the radio ask you (out loud) to "say a command" after you push the talk switch?

You are correct, I have made the same upgrade as the guy above. I purchased the complete overhead console with mic on ebay for 50.00. It is out of a Sequoia, I will figure out the rest of the wiring after I get the mic installed. I'll post my findings. Once the MIC is hooked up, it should work no problem.

So far
OEM panasonic stereo BT from a 2010
Leather wheel with steering wheel controls

to be installed
MIC

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I look forward to hearing what you do. I know the blue connector is xm radio. I wired in steering wheel controls to K3. They are awesome. I think I have the mic figured out as well. I just need one first. Keep me posted Ill do the same.

jason

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
So I received my new overhead console with the MIC. I have installed it and found the wiring is there at the headliner. I turned the car on, but still no luck. I have researched back to the schematic and found that it is very likely that the wiring for the MIC stops behind the glovebox at harness KW1 just like the steering wheel controls. From KW1 the wires go to K25 which is a 8 pin connector that goes to the back of the radio. If it was as simple as running the wires to that connector it wouldn't be an issue, but I don't think I even have that connector at all because the only purpose it serves is to feed the MIC signal to the radio. I will need to pull the dash apart again and take a look. Let me know if anyone else has more information? I don't think this is a part I can get from a dealer either...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just installed an A51893 and I'm getting the same message "BT AUDIO PLAYER NOT FOUND" what did you do to fix this problem? I am just want to stream audio. Did you ever get the USB working ?
Thanks,
Darren

·
Registered
819 Posts
Is the BT features built into the stock head unit or possibly an add on module like some of the Pioneer / Kenwood aftermarket radios?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Did you try to sync the blue-tooth player to the head unit? the player must be synced in order for it to work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It doesn't allow me to sync the bluetooth. I can hit the setup button that is displayed on the screen but it doesn't do anything. Maybe I'm not doing something right.

·
Registered
449 Posts
You have to use voice commands using the steering wheel controls to pair the player and radio.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I may just try to figure out the USB pin out. Can anyone confirm that the USB port is the 8 pin plug(next to the blue connector pictured above) ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bump

Just installed the upgraded OEM radio over the base stock one (no bluetooth/xm/etc)

Is it required to purchase the BluLogic bluetooth to get the ability to stream music? I know this will give you the ability to stream music AND talk, but is there any way to pair a phone with the stock radio without doing this?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Just installed the upgraded radio today, and got the "BT Audio Player Not Found" message. Hopefully someone with more time than me can figure this one out...

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I'm back and have to say that I haven't followed up to figure this out. I was talking to another guy who said he wired it up and got it to work properly. I never got more detail than that. It does seem though, that if the mic is not hooked up that the BT player will go into safe mode, thus "BT player not found". Once the MIC is properly hooked up this problem will be resolved and you will be able to stream audio. You will need the wire schematic showing the wires running from the stereo to the passenger side of the dash and from there to the center console. I will working on this again this weekend and will follow up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
updates?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did find that if I plug in the black 8 pin plug to goes to part of the heat and air controls that my truck doesn't currently use you can run through the BT setup on the radio. But since I don't really have a mic hooked up I get hung up when it asks me to name you device... by voice. I'm pretty sure if I had a mic I could get this working. I have looked online but I haven't found a part number that I can order one. I may go to the dealership and see if they can order one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll have to try and find this black 8-pin plug that goes into the back. Which port is the Mic for?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts