1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help Identifying a part on my 2001 4wd v8 limited toyota tundra

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...92028/part.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...2028/part2.jpg

They are leading towards the abs sensors and MY ABS LIGHT IS on! Im not sure if these little parts have anything to do with it, but one of them is brocken. The Part that is circled to the left. I need help finding were i can buy that part so i can replace it myself without having to go and have the dealer replace it for hundreds of $$. Please message me back what you think or you can e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i took the brocken peice off my truck and it does just look like a restrainer. But do you think that would have to do with anything with my abs light being on? if it is just a restrainer

·
Registered
831 Posts
No, your abs light being on could just be that you are low on brake fluid. Did you check that?

·
Registered
842 Posts
when the ABS light is on, that means the system detects that there is something wrong with the ABS control modual i believe.

im sure someone will correct me if im wrong..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I couldn't tell from the pics you included, but are the insides of your rear tires clean? I ask because I was having trouble with my inner rear wheel seals and there was garbage all over my ABS ring and diff fluid strewn all over the insides of the rear wheels. Maybe if you have plenty of brake fluid in the reservoir, some crud is in between the ring(s) and sensor(s).

My ABS light came on when I was a *little bit* low on brake fluid. Mostly it came on when I applied the brakes, not constant.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I couldn't tell from the pics you included, but are the insides of your rear tires clean? I ask because I was having trouble with my inner rear wheel seals and there was garbage all over my ABS ring and diff fluid strewn all over the insides of the rear wheels. Maybe if you have plenty of brake fluid in the reservoir, some crud is in between the ring(s) and sensor(s).

My ABS light came on when I was a *little bit* low on brake fluid. Mostly it came on when I applied the brakes, not constant.
Yeah, my ABS light was coming on when my brake pads were getting low, thus drawing more fluid from the reservoir. Changed my brake pads problem solved. Take a peak at your brake pads maybe they could be causing the light.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i actually found out why my abs light was on. Was looking at all the wires and noticed at this one spot it was indented in it. So i cut into the rubber covering of the indented wire and noticed one of the wires was brocken. I ended up cutting the wire in half and sautering it back together. After i did this the light went off, but for that picture i posted i guess that had nothing to do with my abs light being on.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
i actually found out why my abs light was on. Was looking at all the wires and noticed at this one spot it was indented in it. So i cut into the rubber covering of the indented wire and noticed one of the wires was brocken. I ended up cutting the wire in half and sautering it back together. After i did this the light went off, but for that picture i posted i guess that had nothing to do with my abs light being on.
Well, glad you figured it out! :first:

·
Registered
36 Posts
the retainers you have circled come on a new sub harness that goes from the back of the fuel tank along the axle tube and to the wheel speed sensors if the clips have been broken the wire was probably pulled by something stretching the wire and creating a break inside the wire this could be the cause of the abs light you can simply do a continuity test on the wires to confirm this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts