Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the body shop took my bed off and apart and when they put it back together they squished this harness between the frame and bed and they left it unhooked.

Its a really long story...but Im looking for help as to what these hook up to. Location is drivers side rear back by the rear leaf spring mount and tailight wiring.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The towing plug is still intact, attached to the hitch. The colors look like towing colors. I dont know, im not sure. The thing is it was plugged into something because its perfectly clean...just not sure what...dam body shop...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Take it back and tell them what they did, and that they need to fix it, NOW. Nothing pisses me off more than getting half-assed work done, regardless of its importance.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Does the Tow plug work? and if so has anything else quit working? Finding a 2000 Tundra specific Harness pdf could be challenging unless you take it to a dealer, i have pdf's and i will look around at them but they are really hard to read especially not knowing what options your truck came with? Did it have a tow package? What cab config is it? Looks like it would possibly be either the ABS Speed Sensor plug? or maybe your plug for your trailer is disconnected and you have it in your hand? Only other wiring in that are goes to your tail lights and your license plate lights?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right there isnt a whole hell of a lot back there. All the tailights/tag lights work fine. I havent tested the towing plug yet but I can do that tonight. Im pretty sure the plug that connects the tow wiring to the rest of the harness is a much different type of plug, the spare frame I have here has that part and its different.

Truck is an access cab with OE tow package/wiring....Nothing else has quit working, no check engine lights..figured something vital would set a code then I could scan it with my scanner..but nothing. Only put about a 150 miles on it since though.

I'll email you for the fsm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts