Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I slide alot of equipment in my truck. The tailgate will be down and i will slide equipment in and out, I need something that will let stuff slide.
Does the bedrug allow the cleats, or what do you use for tie downs with a bedrug?
I like the cleats they offer.
I will be getting abed extender as well.
Whats the bedliner with deckrail? is that jus tthe slippery plastic old fashioned bedliner?
Does the cargo divider work w/ any bedliner

dealers suck. i ask them questions the salesmen dont know

I still havent figured out what the de-icer w/ timer is on the cold kit, no salesmen knows either.

Do i need a cover for the bedrug? I dont haul alot of stuff but will be sliding a heavy cart in and out sometimes.

please help me out fellow tundraites

·
Registered
51 Posts
"I still havent figured out what the de-icer w/ timer is on the cold kit, no salesmen knows either."

It's for the windshield wipers. There is an area by the windshield wipers that is suppose to help get the ice off. I believe its the same principal behind your typical rear window defrosts.

·
Registered
251 Posts
"I still havent figured out what the de-icer w/ timer is on the cold kit, no salesmen knows either."
The cold kit includes De-icers on the side mirrors and the lower portion of the windshield where the wipers come to rest.
Yes, the bedliner is the standard plastic liner that you have seen in trucks for the last 30 years. The "Deck Rail" is the track that runs around the top of the bed for tie downs and things. If you don't have the deck rail, then you can buy the standard bedliner. As far as I know, you dont need to cover the "bed rug", I believe it is weather resistant. Couldn't say on the cleats as I have not seen them in person.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've had Rhino and Line-x spray in bed lin Liners, I like Line-x's fine spray better. I have a Bed rug in my Ford Lightning, I like it because it, it's comfortable, but I will never use it to haul anything like dirt, trash, etc.

I am getting the plastic liner, because you can slide things around in it easier.

But they are all good, Pro's and Con's with each. Depends on how you want to use your bed.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I do know that you don't need to cover a bedrug...My buddy has one in his Tacoma and it looks just as nice as the day we installed it. Its really alot nicer then that plastic crap and is easier on cargo compared to spray in bed liners.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
No you can slide it around on the rug. The spray in bedliners will actually grip your gear and make it hard for it to slide

·
Registered
435 Posts
I got a Toyota Tundra branded bed mat. Sliding is no worry with this thing. It's heavy. Even when nothing is on it sliding is not a worry. You literally have to stand up on the tailgate and lift it up to get it out. You cannot pull it and slide it out. It protects the bed floor like nothing else can. You could drop a cinder block from 30 feet and it wouldn't scratch the paint underneath, much less cause a dent. Try that with a spray-on.

It's made of heavy, but flexible, tire-like rubber and whatever sits on it won't slide. It might if you flip the truck, but then you have greater problems than sliding cargo if that happens. ;) :D

I like the way it's cut to fit perfectly whatever bed you have. It comes in 6.5 and 5.5 bed sizes, and the nice looking "Tundra" in bold letters looks great.

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
I have LINE-X and it grips most stuff like course sandpaper coated with super glue. :) This is generally a good thing when hauling heavy stuff since you don't want it to slide while in transit, yet I still want to be able to slide the stuff when loading or unloading. The solution is simple: just use a set of these:

They allow you to slide even heavy objects across the spray-in liner easily, then you can leave them in place and slide the stuff back out just as easy, or you can remove them to anchor the cargo while in-transit. $3.25 for a set at this site but you can find them all over the web, ebay, Walmart, Walgreens, etc.

These really do work and they are cheap, plus waterproof so good for use in the truck bed. I store a set under my rear seat with the tire jack.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I got a Toyota Tundra branded bed mat. Sliding is no worry with this thing. It's heavy. Even when nothing is on it sliding is not a worry. You literally have to stand up on the tailgate and lift it up to get it out. You cannot pull it and slide it out. It protects the bed floor like nothing else can. You could drop a cinder block from 30 feet and it wouldn't scratch the paint underneath, much less cause a dent. Try that with a spray-on.

It's made of heavy, but flexible, tire-like rubber and whatever sits on it won't slide. It might if you flip the truck, but then you have greater problems than sliding cargo if that happens. ;) :D

I like the way it's cut to fit perfectly whatever bed you have. It comes in 6.5 and 5.5 bed sizes, and the nice looking "Tundra" in bold letters looks great.
The only problem with the bed mat(correct me if i am wrong) but it only protects the floor and not the sides. What if you have big cargo and it falls over and dents or scratches the inside of your bed? Now i know some of you are going to give me sh!t and say it's a truck and it will get scratched, but if you pay $40K for ANYTHING you want it to get scratched??!! thats what i thought ;)

I would def go with the bed rug man :tu:

·
Registered
51 Posts

LETS BE REAL, YOU DROP A CINDERBLOCK FROM 30 FEET YOUR GOING TO DENT IT NO MATTER WHATS IN THERE.WAIT A FEW YEARS, THE RUST UNDER THE MAT IS A GOOD TOUCH. LINE-X ALL THE WAY.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Line-X all the way! The pentagon uses the stuff to cover the walls and its used in other military applications as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A bed liner came in my 07 DC w/6.5' bed. I'll sell it to you half price if you're
interested. I'm in Louisiana, you'll have to come get it.
bb

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Line-X all the way! The pentagon uses the stuff to cover the walls and its used in other military applications as well.
I think spray-ins like Line-X and Rhino are pretty good, but also really bad for sliding stuff on. My father-in-law made a great point about this too -- he said a lot of people put in these spray-ins and then when they load things like gravel in the back, it is more than twice the work to get the stuff out because it won't slide. No 8-pack of appliance sliders are going to help you with that. The standard bed-liner from Toyota is strong, durable, and it allows you to slide anything on it. If you want something to stay in place, just use the cleats or tie-downs to keep it in place. Those spray-ins will literally sand-off the surface of items lying directly on it if you're not careful. They really are like having a giant sheet of sand-paper permanently attached to your truck bed...

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what your wanting to slide, but keep in mind that Bedrug is carpeting and you could tear the knap.

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
I think spray-ins like Line-X and Rhino are pretty good, but also really bad for sliding stuff on. My father-in-law made a great point about this too -- he said a lot of people put in these spray-ins and then when they load things like gravel in the back, it is more than twice the work to get the stuff out because it won't slide. No 8-pack of appliance sliders are going to help you with that. The standard bed-liner from Toyota is strong, durable, and it allows you to slide anything on it. If you want something to stay in place, just use the cleats or tie-downs to keep it in place. Those spray-ins will literally sand-off the surface of items lying directly on it if you're not careful. They really are like having a giant sheet of sand-paper permanently attached to your truck bed...
If you get LINE-X your bed will be protected but you can still install a bed rug, tarp, rubber mat, blanket, etc. to soften the surface or make things slide out when needed. For gravel I would just throw down a thick tarp or sheet of plywood, but then I rarely haul gravel.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Got mine sprayed with Line-x today and I must say I love it, it looks great. The guys who did it were super nice and I got to watch the whole prep work thru a big window from the waiting room. 1 hour 25 minutes and $475 later and they were done and it looks awesome. They took the access panel on the back of the tailgate off and sprayed it seperate so the screws wouldn't be sprayed and hard to get out later if needed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just picked up my new DC last week. Told the salesman i didn't want the bedliner but it came in with one anyway. He told me no charge so i left it in. I had one in a pickup a few years ago and hated the way everything slides around. The bedliner is great if you haul a lot of rocks, mulch, ect, but that's about it. I'm sure the bedliner will come out soon - just haven't decided on what to replace it with. Sounds like a lot of LineX fans here. Why is it better than Rhino?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Does seem like many here like Line-X. I have not been to the shop here,but was quoted $375 for the Line-X and $396 for the Rhino.

Both in black, the Line-X guy does not do colors. Was probably going black anyway.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts