Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...i have a 02 tundra sr5 2wd and someone broke into my truck and try to steal my stereo...i saw the kid and he took off running. will he broke the the top piece of the center consol and try to pull the stereo. Here is my problem i not getting any power to the stereo and i though its the stereo that went bad from when kid try to steal it so i bought a brand new stereo and use the installation kit and still i have no power either...is there some kind of fuses that i have to check for or is there anything i need to check for...pleae help i been try to fix it for the last four day.

editing... i also put both old and new stereo on direct to the battery and it power up both stereo...

thanks for all you guys help!!!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Of course there's fuses. Check under the hood, and under the dash. On the 07 and greater trucks there are two fuse boxes but I dunno about yours. Did you get any rounds off at the idiot?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i didnt...but i did check both fues box...one rite behind the battery and the other one under the side drive panel but there are no fuse that are blow or any fuse for the stereo...please help

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
take a voltage meter to the wires connecting to the stereo and see if you get 12V. Maybe you have a broken circuit in the wire going to the stereo.

·
Registered
181 Posts
alright another option to try, hopefully more people will read this post because it might come in handy for someone.

Recently I bought and installed a dakota digital fan controller for my truck. On the controller you have to have a constant 12v power source but it cant come from the same power soucre/ hookup as your fan. Which is the battery for me. So I pulled out my radio so I could just tap into the constant 12v wire for the stero. I took out all the screws and pulled the trim off then unhooked the wires behind it for the clock, and 4hi and 4low, so I wouldnt accidently break it while it was hanging there. Not to metion that I have the fan controller mounted on the top of the cap near the map lights. That was the last wire to hook up to the fan controller so I taped into the wire and turned the key on the ACC position and nothing happened. Turned it to the on postion and nothing happend. So I got a volt meter and check the wire and there was nothing. So I plugged in the stero real quick to see if that would work and got nothing. Checked all the fuses one by one and everyone was fine. Go to find out after two hours of getting mad and trying to figure out what I did, that the constant hot for the radio somehow runs though the bottom of the trim piece then to the radio. I guess its because the clock which I never pay attention to keeps its brain charged. You could never see it ethier because when you pull the radio out it looks like the harness runs somewhere else. And alot of cars and trucks I see, it doesnt matter because both wires go to one pin on the connector so it transfers current with the connector pluged in or unplug. Just a heads up for anyone who is testing something without the bottom trim piece not plugged in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright another option to try, hopefully more people will read this post because it might come in handy for someone.

Recently I bought and installed a dakota digital fan controller for my truck. On the controller you have to have a constant 12v power source but it cant come from the same power soucre/ hookup as your fan. Which is the battery for me. So I pulled out my radio so I could just tap into the constant 12v wire for the stero. I took out all the screws and pulled the trim off then unhooked the wires behind it for the clock, and 4hi and 4low, so I wouldnt accidently break it while it was hanging there. Not to metion that I have the fan controller mounted on the top of the cap near the map lights. That was the last wire to hook up to the fan controller so I taped into the wire and turned the key on the ACC position and nothing happened. Turned it to the on postion and nothing happend. So I got a volt meter and check the wire and there was nothing. So I plugged in the stero real quick to see if that would work and got nothing. Checked all the fuses one by one and everyone was fine. Go to find out after two hours of getting mad and trying to figure out what I did, that the constant hot for the radio somehow runs though the bottom of the trim piece then to the radio. I guess its because the clock which I never pay attention to keeps its brain charged. You could never see it ethier because when you pull the radio out it looks like the harness runs somewhere else. And alot of cars and trucks I see, it doesnt matter because both wires go to one pin on the connector so it transfers current with the connector pluged in or unplug. Just a heads up for anyone who is testing something without the bottom trim piece not plugged in.

you are rite...thank you so much for the information and after 4 days of frustration finally i just plug the center consol back up and the stereo work perfect...again thanks everyone

·
Registered
87 Posts

Excellent post, exboy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts