Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a converter for my laptop on the accessories side of the console (right side). Noticed this morning it wasn't charging. Plugged into cigarette lighter and it works fine. Tried 2 outlets on right side of console as well as rear of console...none of these work.

Easy enough, bad fuse. Pulled the fuse and it wasn't blown. Said maybe it's something my old eyes can't see so I popped in a new fuse anyway. Still no power.....nothing.

Thoughts??????

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
did you have the motor running while charging? i believe that this accessory outlet you are referring to is only "hot" when the ignition is switched on or the motor is running. the accessory outlet on the rear of the console on the passenger side is "hot" even with the ignition switched off or motor not running.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep....both running and not running. Actually if the accessory is connected when the truck is running it will continue to draw power even if you turn off the ignition. Pretty sure it times out but lasts a while.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had the same issue in my 05 DC. No power to the outlets with the motor running or not. Haven't tried the rear ones but I know the fronts being out are frustrating at times when there is the need to charge more than one thing at a time, like on hunting trips when there are four people in the truck. Fuses are fine but I would also like to hear from anyone who has had and fixed this issue as well.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Where did you check the fuse, under the dash or under the hood?

·
Registered
917 Posts
There is a relay under the hood that powers them. If you look for the mod that keeps them hot all the time it will show you were it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts