Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does this piece of the dash pull out -- the piece with the cigarette lighter and power outlet on an '07 Tundra? I want to place my brake controller in this recessed area and I want to pull this part out to better route wires and mount the controller bracket. I tried my hardest pulling straight out on this piece and it seems to give but won't come out. There's very little to grab, and I put my thumb in the cigarette lighter for leverage but still it doesn't come loose. Suggestions?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if it doesnt budge its screwed in somewhere.. i thought the AC controlls had to come off first if that helps you.
That possibly may be a misconception. I recall reading how someone on this board just yanked it out. But because I'm having trouble, I am looking for confirmation from others on this "yank it out" theory and any hints for success. Thanks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
get a putty knife or flathead screwdriver. it has 1 clip in each corner. The trick is to pop it loose in each corner with the putty knife or screwdriver.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Do you have the bucket seats or the bench seats in the truck? If you have the bucket seats, then you have to start down low by opening up the map compartment and removing that section, then work your way up to the dash.
Not true.

I have buckets. Insert a putty knife or thin piece of metal into the gap where the lighter section meets the A/C controls. Pop each side and pull. I've had that piece out 4 times already.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have buckets and gently but firmly worked/popped it right out. Don't pull too far as you have to disconect the wires to the lighter & power acc plug.

Went right back in when finished.:tu:

I also didn't have to removr the kick panel on mine to get to the plug for the trailer wiring. Maybe I got lucky but it was just above the top of the kick panel.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It'll pull right out. Take out the cig lighter and open the power source cap and stick your thumbs in and pull out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts