Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to tint the driver and passenger side window. I know that it is much easier to do my removing the glass. Could someone please exlain to me how to remove the glass. I already know how to remove the door panels so you can leave that part out. Thanks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would like to tint the driver and passenger side window. I know that it is much easier to do my removing the glass. Could someone please exlain to me how to remove the glass. I already know how to remove the door panels so you can leave that part out. Thanks.
I've never seen anyone remove the glass just to tint the glass??
I've tinted cars for 2 yrs after high school and we never removed the windows.

But the tracks that move the windows up and down should have bolts that hold the glass.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never seen anyone remove the glass just to tint the glass??
I've tinted cars for 2 yrs after high school and we never removed the windows.

But the tracks that move the windows up and down should have bolts that hold the glass.
Yeah I figured it out. Just removed the panels but left the glass in.

Check it out.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Glad to see this thread and a couple of guys who know what there doing. Don't know what happened to my drivers side window on my 2001 Tacoma but it's a mess! It came with the tint on it but the tint stuff has started peeling or something. All the other windows look perfect! How can I remove this old stuff so I can re-do it? how did you tint yours.?Where did you buy the stuff to do it? It really looks great! Mike

·
Registered
172 Posts
Never mind withn the help on removing and installing new tint on my drivers side Tacoma. Got the old stuff off and now I just need to order the new tint. Got the remove and install instructions off the net. Mike

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Personally Id have a shop do it. You shouldnt have to pull panels or glass.

I had a shop in Albuquerque do mine, it came out awesome. The tint comes up very close to the edge of the glass, unlike other shops where theres a big gap. Id have to dig out the receipts, but they are a member of a particular tint shop chain that is throughout the US. They guarantee it, so if I have a problem with it up here in VT I can just go to a local shop (that is also a member) and have it fixed.

At first there was just a sliver on the rear window that was allowing the sun to shine through. I went back to see what they could do. They could have have fixed it with a black tint pen, but they pulled the film off and redid that section. Very professional. I want to say their name is Best Auto Tinting, I'll double check if anybody is around the Alb area and is interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts