Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it has been about two months since i installed the 5100's diff drop and rear block in my truck. right after i noticed that my front tires both bow in i dont know if this is a fixable problem they aren't bowing in extremely but you can tell. anyone else have this problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
You need to get an alignment done. After you install the 5100's it throws it way out of whack.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did have an alignment my steering is strait still but its just the tires sit at an angle and it looks awkward.

·
2,444 Posts
A lifted vehicle will have different "specs" than a stock vehicle. Maybe the guy just set it for stock specs rather than making adjustments for the new height. Definitely go back to them first. There are places that give you 6 months on your alignment so hopefully they will make the adjustments. If not, go somewhere else. Your tires are going to wear out quick if you don't take care of it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats alot of help thanks guys. so im planing on going back to merchants tomorrow to raise hell haha. but im going to talk to them because thats bs that they would mess my alignment up that much and i did actually notice that my front tires were wearing more on tha out side..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Be prepared. I had the same issue a couple of months ago. I had to argue with guy a little bit and get him to admit that the camber looked too positive and if we could see it, it must be wrong because other trucks dont ride like that. He had it adjusted where the machine told him to and if he went outside the spec, he told me it would void my warranty. I said fine because the outside edges of my tire would be worn before that time anyway. I will not take it back there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts