Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just changed my spark plugs in my 08 V6 SR5 2WD Tundra. When I cranked it up, I cannot rev the engine to full capacity, and the traction control, check engine, VSC Off light was flashing. I am dumbfounded as to what to do?

I got the Iridium XP spark plugs from advance auto/autozone ( I cannot remember which )

Engine seems to run rough with a lot of shaking.

Help please?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
id say:
1. are those oem plugs?? Does the Toyota engine not like non oem plugs?? When I had GM vehicles they didnt like anything but AC Delco in them.
2. Gap off?
3. Loose wire?

·
Ford "Scorpion" whisperer...
14,373 Posts
Is check engine light on ??? It might be that you didn't atach one of the sparkplugs wires. Wich causes rough idle...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update! Truck seems to have worked out the low throttle, but the problem of the vsc, check engine, and a/t light still persist.

Okay to drive? I have to be at work in 54 minutes?

·
14,373 Posts
When the problem appeart after changing plugs it has to do with the electrics. Is check engine light luminated ????

·
14,373 Posts
Update! Truck seems to have worked out the low throttle, but the problem of the vsc, check engine, and a/t light still persist.

Okay to drive? I have to be at work in 54 minutes?
Take the battery clamps off let it stay for a few minutes, attach them again and all lights shouldn't be illuminated anymore. It than is ok to drive..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have taken clamps off the battery, will see if that works.

At the moment, I have to go get ready for work. I will be back in about 10 minutes

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Good call Arthur.:tu:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Why does the ECU freak out when we change the plugs?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts