Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Tundra AC 4x4, currently 206K
39 Posts
Your tranny fluid will be oily of you rub it between your fingers. Your coolant will be more watery feeling
ATF smells very distinctly and coolant will smell sweetish. Take off your skid plate and follow those drips up to the source and you will find your leak! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your tranny fluid will be oily of you rub it between your fingers. Your coolant will be more watery feeling
ATF smells very distinctly and coolant will smell sweetish. Take off your skid plate and follow those drips up to the source and you will find your leak! Hope this helps.
Thank you, i will try
Thank you i will try

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, i will try
Doesn't look like trans fluid to me, more like coolant. Trans fluid would spread out more on the metal and not form drips before spreading out.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Pressure test your radiator for leaks within the cooling system. Probably the plastic radiator. Get a new all metal on from RockAuto.com
Do NOT replace with a aftermarket plastic radiator, only a all aluminum unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts