Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I installed my TOYTEC ultimate lift kit on my 2006 AC 4x4.

It seems the coilovers were set way too high because i measured stock height from hub to fender at 20.5" and now with the coilovers its 23.75".

I just want to make sure that the 20.5" that I measured at stock height was correct so if you have your measurements with you please chime in.

Thanks.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mine are 23 1/4. And I backed them down a bit after I installed them because I got 3.5" of lift (they claimed 2.5"). Yours sound a bout right. If your afraid for your cv's, just turn em down a bit...that's why we paid $700 for the set!!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They do claim 2.5" on their website and paperwork. I'm going to lower it to 23".

Do you remember the ratio of change? 1" on coilover = 1.5" of lift???

·
Registered
429 Posts
I don't remeber the ratio, should be on your paperwork that came included. I do remember the ratio was more than what they stated (i.e took a lot more turns to do much difference to height.).

·
Registered
123 Posts
My 06 DC 4x4 sits right at 23"
Even at 23" I'm concerned it's too high. CV angles look really steep to me.

It's possible they could have them set wrong. I know the first set I got from Toytec had the collar in the wrong place (too low) I had to uninstall the lift and send it back.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read your initial thread regarding the collar set in the wrong place. I found it strange that your coilovers look like the coilovers for the new tundra and FJs.

Mine have the thread on the shock body with red springs; like in the website photos.

I called ToyTecs support line and asked the guy who picked up the phone what the ratio of adjustment would be. He said an adjustment of 1" on the coilover would = 2" of lift. He also said that it would vary from truck to truck and that it was a ballpark ratio.

I adjusted the collar 3/8" lower and found the lift just 1/2" lower. Almost a 1:1 ratio.
The final measurement is 23 1/4".

The diff drop the angles look ok.

My 06 DC 4x4 sits right at 23"
Even at 23" I'm concerned it's too high. CV angles look really steep to me.

It's possible they could have them set wrong. I know the first set I got from Toytec had the collar in the wrong place (too low) I had to uninstall the lift and send it back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts