Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 08 Limited CrewMax w/ the TRD Supercharger and TRD Duals. What else can I do to get more power without voiding my warranty? Is there any way to completely disable the low-end traction control? Even when you turn it off in my truck, I still don't get all the power I should at takeoff. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
You've pretty well maxed out for the performance you can get with your warranty guaranteed intact. If you have a good dealership, you could install an intake and headers for some extra power, but you would need to make sure your dealership is willing to still do warranty work afterward (because installing any headers or intake after the supercharger is supposed to void the warranty). You could also look into tuning, and just remove the tuner if anything goes wrong before taking it to the dealership.

Have you tried the two consecutive three second presses?
Doesn't that just turn A-LSD off vs the single three second pass?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I've got an 08 Limited CrewMax w/ the TRD Supercharger and TRD Duals. What else can I do to get more power without voiding my warranty? Is there any way to completely disable the low-end traction control? Even when you turn it off in my truck, I still don't get all the power I should at takeoff. Thoughts?
Have you ever taken this truck to the track and done some time trials. I'd love to see some video of this truck in action.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am also interested in other power adders after the supercharger!! i would love to have a crewmax in the 12's haha!! BUMP

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Should turn everything off. I can "one wheel peel" as long as I keep the pedal down. :D
I really think the only difference between those two is the A-LSD. So the question becomes, does it cut power, or only apply the brake on the spinning wheel?

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
I really think the only difference between those two is the A-LSD. So the question becomes, does it cut power, or only apply the brake on the spinning wheel?
Pretty sure it still cuts power after only 1 - 3 second press. 2 - 3 second presses disables everything.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
The single three second press (ALSD) will cut power but not at low speeds in a straight line at least. I use this regularly at the dragstrip and it works great. Two even rubber marks 10-15 feet long every time. If you try to turn corners on the street and accelerate too hard, you can feel it cutting power.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You've pretty well maxed out for the performance you can get with your warranty guaranteed intact. If you have a good dealership, you could install an intake and headers for some extra power, but you would need to make sure your dealership is willing to still do warranty work afterward (because installing any headers or intake after the supercharger is supposed to void the warranty). You could also look into tuning, and just remove the tuner if anything goes wrong before taking it to the dealership.

Doesn't that just turn A-LSD off vs the single three second pass?
I don't believe that an intake would do his tundra much good, as it is already supercharged

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I don't believe that an intake would do his tundra much good, as it is already supercharged
Sure it would, especially when going to a supercharged application. He'd gain more with an intake on a supercharged vehicle than on a naturally aspirated vehicle.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
The current rear end and suspension will not allow for "Max Performance" application
You upgraded your brakes yet ? IMO the stock brakes and braking performance
cant handle stock(base 5.7) horsepower.

Before trying for more,try to better manage what you currently have

Just my $.0¼

1 - 12 of 12 Posts