Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for over and over and still did not find what I want. I would like to see those with a crewmax and bilstein 5100 installed and what position they are in. I am debating between bilsteins or leveling kit. Bilstein website says crewmax max lift is 1.5", is that true?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
If you can, I highly recommend the OME kit. Even at 3", the ball joints look stock, and the CV axles look great with none of the fins touching on the boots - that may all be install though..

Best part is, it rides flawless too.

-rockstate

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not looking to spend that much. Got to watch budget for now.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have never heard that the Bilsteins can only lift the CM 1.5", I put mine on the middle setting which should be 1.75" and I have slightly larger tires. So far it is great.

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mac it looks good. I read that on a coil over setup bilstein has on their site. How you like them Mac? I am going to put them on the high setting, if I have too I will add a block in the rear.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey Mac it looks good. I read that on a coil over setup bilstein has on their site. How you like them Mac? I am going to put them on the high setting, if I have too I will add a block in the rear.

They ride great, not sure which made the ride firmer the Bilsteins or the load range E tires, it is not bad and the lateral stability is better.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I just finished installing the fronts after doing the rears on Saturday. The top height on the fronts claim 2.54" of height. I put 1.5" blocks in the rear so I still have a slight rake (which I like). I'll definitely post some pictures once the new tires/wheels go on and after the truck has had a wash, but I'll say this... even with just the rears installed, the truck felt cemented to the ground. Being higher up means not turning as quickly as before, but the new tires/wheels will give an extra amount of lateral support (wider tires, wider rims and more of it pushed outwards with the offset as well). It should be a great ride! Good luck with your choice!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have them on the highest position and this means about a 2.5" lift. I have blocks in the rear to keep the rake. I changed them out for the TRD Bilsteins and I must say that I don't notice too much of a difference in the ride. This might be different when you compare it with the non-TRD shocks.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have the 5100's on a DC and the ride is pretty much the same as it was when I had the TRD Bilsteins. I did not do anything to the rear. The rake is gone and it looks a lot better IMO...............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts